A Choice to Make

You fall onto the couch, out of breath, heart racing. That was insane! I can't believe Otto called him! I can't believe uncle was here!! Otto rushes over to you, still worried about your earlier collapse.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah I'm fine.. just.. that was intense" you say, trying to calm back down.

"May I?" Otto asks motioning to couch.

You sit up, patting the couch where your head was resting. He sits down and you lay back down, your head resting on his lap. You stare up at him, still in shock, as he gazes at you.

"Did that just happen?!" you ask, in disbelief.

Otto pays no mind to your question, "Y/n.. I'm really sorry I didn't talk to you before I called him.. I just-"

"Otto.. it's fine really. As much as I want to be angry with you, I can't. It was the right thing to do and to be fair, it just made our situation a bit easier. I'm sorry I snapped at you like I did.."

Otto sighs, how did I get so lucky?! She's had so many opportunities to be angry with me....but.. she's not?

He leans down and kisses you, "I'm glad to hear you say that. I don't blame you for your outburst. I'm still sorry, regardless if you are upset or not."

"I appreciate that, but it's okay. It's like you said, telling him was a messy but necessary act right? Even if it's not the whole truth" you say, laughing nervously.

"So when do you plan on notifying the police y/n?"

"I'm not..."

He jumps up from the couch and whips around to face you.

"What do you mean?!" He says, almost announcing his authority. You hear his voice raise, and you don't want him to yell at you.

"Otto.. they'll pick us apart! You think my ex will keep quiet about our relationship?!" You plead, begging for him to understand.

He sighs, she's right. If this goes all the way, they'll surely call our connection into question.. "Messy truth yet again... listen, you have a point. They will ask questions but if we stick to our story we should be fine. He needs to pay for what he's done!" Otto stands up, angrily pacing. "He almost killed you! What if I can't protect you?! He needs to be locked away, where he can't hurt you anymore"

"Hey whoa, it's okay. Please come sit back down"

"Y/n.. please. I can't bare to lose you.  I refuse to stand around while he's a free man! I'll kill him before I let him get away with this! I should've killed him up on that roof while I had the chance!" Otto's arms begin to glow red, his face overcome with rage.

You back away slowly, "Otto, you're scaring me..."

He turns to see you creating distance. "Oh god.. y/n I'm sorry.." his arms retreat behind him, closing as the glow goes white once more. "I don't know what came over me.."

You decide to approach him. "It's okay.. I know you're upset. Let's sleep on it okay? You are right, something has to be done but we have to be smart about this." You hold his hands, "Sound like a plan?"

"Okay yeah, let's figure this out." Otto pulls you into a hug. "I didn't mean to frighten you y/n.."

You tighten your grip around him, "I know baby, I know"

While in his arms, Otto begins feeling your back and the bandages that cover it. "Let's get these bandages changed okay?"

You nod. He guides you to the bathroom and carefully picks you up to sit on the counter before removing your shirt. He can see your back in the mirror.

You wince as he removes the bandages, clinging onto his shirt. He stops, "I'm sorry baby, but we have to make sure it doesn't get infected." He speaks, removing the last of the bandages. "Your back looks good."

"Really?" You question, hoping the pain will go away sooner rather than later.

"The swelling has gone down, the scabbing looks good, and the bruises look much better. You still need the antibiotic though for a few days to keep the infections away."

You nod again, glad to hear that this grueling process is temporary.

"I'm going to check the back of your head okay?" Otto grabs your hair, moving it out of the way.

You jump off the counter and back away, overcome with fear. Your breathing picks up, in and out at a rapid pace. Launched in ready position, a storm cloud circles inside your mind. X/n grabs your hair, pulling you down. Your thoughts replay it in your head like a movie. You're living it. It's here. It's now. Your hand cocks back to throw a punch.

Otto, hands up in defense, eyes wide, is met with a horrific reality.