Alone at Last

You arrive at the building, bag in hand. You take a deep breath before entering, knowing once you do, nothing will ever be the same.

The memories of that day come rushing back. You recall the moment your uncle pulled you away as the reactor became unstable, and the horror of leaving Otto, seemingly to die. The weeks that followed were the worst you had ever experienced. The emotional rollercoaster of finding out Otto was alive, but then seeing what the arms had done to him, sending him into madness. The devastating thought of having lost the great Dr. Otto Octavius as you knew him and consequently your life's purpose, threw you into a dark place.

As much as the bad memories haunt you, returning to this building oddly gives you hope. It's quite the polar opposite to when you were last here. This turn of events reminds you that you haven't lost Otto, in fact, he's waiting for you inside. These doors open to the opportunity to start a new chapter of your life.

You go in and immediately notice nothing has changed. The building remains the same old concrete and brick structure that you recall from years ago. The familiarity brings you comfort. You feel at home in a weird way. It's like nothing ever happened.. a building trapped in time almost..

As if your memory was controlling you, you head up to his studio, maneuvering around the building with ease. You get up to the door that leads into the main room, where his computer and machinery still sits. It's wide open, so you decide to walk in.

You look around, reliving the past. His desk full of papers, the damaged floor where the reactor once stood, the boarded up window that shattered many years ago, and the missing panels from the ceiling. It appears as though Otto was making progress fixing up the place.

"Well hello dear," Otto appears from the bedroom.

"Ah, there you are sir" you say, startled.

Otto chuckles "Didn't mean to frighten you, I was just clearing some space for your stuff in my room"

You drop your bags and run up to hug him. "It's good to finally be here Otto."

He squeezes you tight, "It's good to have you, y/n" He lets go and plants a loving kiss on your lips. He leads you around the studio, "I'm sorry the place isn't quite back to its former glory yet, I've been a bit distracted lately." He raises his eyebrows at you. "Can I get you anything? Tea? Coffee?"

"Tea sounds lovely," you answer.

You follow him into the kitchen. His shoulders lay relaxed and his demeanor matched. Seeing him like this brings you immense joy. You want him to feel comfortable to be himself around you and it seems that is the case.

"Dinner is almost done. Feel free to unpack. I've made room for your stuff in the closet and the left side drawers. Please, make this truly your home." he pleads.

"Of course! Thank you Otto, this means so much." you take your bag into the room. You notice a rather large bed with charcoal grey sheets and a stunningly elaborate frame. You lightly chuckle when you notice the faint pattern from his mechanical arms embedded into the right side of the bed.

Good to know he actually does sleep.

You place your toothbrush and other toiletries in the bathroom. You see a massive shower and bathtub, both seemingly big enough for two.

Also good to know.

The smell of Italian spices fill the studio. You finish putting away your things and head out to see what Otto is cooking.

"It smells wonderful! Your genius knows no bounds" you flirt.

"Oh you flatter me sweetheart." One of Otto's arms moves a chair out from against the table. "Come now, dinner is served."

You sit down and soon Otto joins you. "Your plate and tea, my dear." He places a plate in front of you as well as a warm cup of tea. The steam rising from the plate carries the delightful smell of herbs up into your face. You can't help but moan a little when you take your first bite.

"That good huh?" Otto teases.

"Mhmm" you nod, mouth full.

Otto is pleased seeing you enjoy something he's created. He watches you eat, smiling. How adorable he blushes.