Time to Act

Okay so if I remember correctly, the footage should be... got it!

Otto freezes, staring at the computer screen, the frame showing x/n, approaching you. Otto sits back in his chair, crossing his arms, disturbed by what is presented before him.

Should I watch it? No that would be wrong... or would it? I need to know what happened.. she thought I was him.. I've never been so scared for someone before. Y/n.. my darling y/n..

He takes a deep breath, pressing play.

"Well that just won't do now will it? Shame, I didn't want to do this but you've left me no choice" ... "If he won't do it, I will" ... his head collides with your nose and you stumble backwards ...

Otto's hands cover his mouth, his breath growing shaky.

"I'll just have to kill you myself," x/n says as he climbs on top of you, his knees pinning your wrists to the ground ... He grabs your shoulders ... slamming you down against the pavement ...

Otto flinches at each impact of your back against the sidewalk.

"X/n stop! I don't want to fight you. Please stop" ... "Otto!! Help me, please!!" ... x/n wraps his hands around your throat ...

Otto shuts his eyes, listening to you struggle. "I can't watch this anymore!" He pauses the video and quickly walks away from the computer, shaking off the thoughts racing through his brain.

"Stop please stop.." he begs as the arms click, ramping him up. "No no.. we can't kill him.. stop just...STOP!"

His mind goes silent, his breaths slow, his shoulders sinking as his body relaxes.

"I need to call the police before I take this matter into my own hands..."

**

Otto opens the door to see two police officers standing in front of him. The one stands short and stout and the other a similar stature to Otto.

"Otto Octavius?" asks the short officer.

"Yes?"

"We have a couple questions for you regarding an attack that occurred outside this building. May we come in?" Adds the taller officer.

"Yes of course," Otto opens the door fully allowing the officers in. He commands the arms to remain closed and docile, collapsed against his back.

"We got a report of an attack that occurred not long ago and that someone related to you was involved"

"Yes, I was the one who called. My umm... my student, y/n y/l/n was attacked" Otto explains hesitantly.

"Your student?" the officer clarifies.

"Yes my student. She is in the process of fully moving into one of the old apartments in the building. Issues with her uncle were about to leave her homeless so I informed her of the available space. After the attack, her uncle came to visit and insisted that she stay there so he knows she's safe, since I'm around." he explains, slightly frantic, hoping they're buying the story.

"Would her uncle be willing to give a statement on that?"

"Yes of course! I can provide his contact." Otto exclaims. Yes! Okay this is working!

"So start from the beginning, Dr. Octavius"

Otto begins to explain the situation in his own words, recounting every detail you told him as well as the aftermath of the wounds inflicted upon you. He could see the officer scribbling notes into a note pad, furrowing his brows every so often.

"Unfortunately, Dr. Octavius, we just don't have enough proof to put out a warrant for his arrest. I can take some pictures of her injuries to help build a case, but it's unlikely this will get taken to court. At most, I could issue a retraining order for x/n and give you some police detail for a few days."

"I think I can help with that," Otto begins, "I just so happen to have footage of the incident" Otto motions to the video that remains open on the monitor. "I installed cameras when I first bought the building."

The cops follow Otto to his desk as he rewinds the footage to the beginning.

I installed these when I was in fear for my life.. now they're going to keep hers safe.

"This will surely secure a conviction," one of the cops say to the other, whispering.

But Otto hears, as the arms tell him. Otto hides his grin, who's the monster now huh?

"Otto, I want to thank you for addressing this issue. We take assault very seriously in our division. While we're here, do you have the whereabouts of y/n so we can take her statement?" the huskier cop asks.

"Well, I thought it best that she wasn't alone. See, she's been having frequent panic attacks since the incident and I fear for her safety right now, as does her uncle. She's staying in my guest room at the moment, resting."

Guest room my ass, Otto thinks to himself.

The tall cop hands him a business card and says, "Please have y/n give us a call when she wakes up so we can set up a time for her to come down to the station and file an official police report."

"Thank you officer," Otto states, as the man walks out the door.

The stout man looks back, checking to see that his superior is out of earshot. "By the way, if I may say so Dr. Octavius, the public is wrong about you. You're a good man for doing all this. We will make sure the public knows about your heroic action," the officer dotes before quickly catching up to the other officer.

*massive thank you to @alan_the_rickman for help with finding photos! I can't wait to show you all what I've found :3