Old and New Wounds Alike

You are left laying on the pavement outside, nose nearly broken and bleeding, and your back badly damaged.

Otto climbs back down the side of the building, his arms rushing him to your side. "Oh no, y/n..." Otto comes down to the ground, sitting beside you. You lay unconscious and limp. He picks you up, holding you in his arms. "Look at me, you're okay, you're going to be okay. Come on baby, wake up. Please..." He holds your head tight against his chest, rocking back and forth, sobbing. "Please wake up.. oh god please.. I can't lose you..." The flashbacks come rushing forward in Otto's mind.

Your eyes shoot open as you gasp for air. You fight to escape Otto's grasp before you realize it's him.

Otto lets out a sigh of relief, "Hey there you are! Shhh it's okay, it's me.. I've got you."

"Otto..." you manage to say between wheezy breaths.

"What happened?!" he examines you, assessing the extent of your wounds.

You wince in pain, grabbing at your body trying to tell Otto where it hurts, as your head pounds. "He... he was waiting for me..." you desperately say, fighting for air. "I refused to fight him, but he wouldn't stop... I'm sorry Otto... I-" you lose your breath, with each inhale, your lungs sting and you squirm in pain.

"Shhh it's okay... It should be me who is apologizing, I should have sensed something was wrong sooner. I should have known you were in danger." He weeps as he clutches your injured body. I knew this was coming, I should have warned her!

You look around, "Is he.. is he gone?" You look up at him, your eyes filled with terror not only for yourself but for him as well.

"He's gone.. I've got you y/n" Otto's arms gently pick you up, peeling you off the ground. They support your injured back and head. You whimper with each slight movement your body makes.

You chuckle, "Will you still love me if my nose is all crooked?" you joke sarcastically.

Otto laughs, relieved to hear your humor, "Of course, you will always be stunning to me"

"Good because I can't afford a nose job" you both giggle. As much as laughing hurts, you know it's calming Otto down.

His calm demeanor doesn't last long however, you watch as extreme concern washes over his face as his arms begin to carry you two up the side of the building. Otto brings you through the new hole in the boards that once covered the window.

Agony spreads throughout your body. You landed hard on your back and if you didn't know any better, you'd think it was broken. Your head pounding and your nose still bleeding, you fight to stay awake, your body yearning for rest. You shift constantly, trying to lessen your aches, as Otto takes you into the studio and lays you down on the couch. You try to sit up on your own but it's too much to handle.

"Whoa easy there now, wait here I'll grab some ice." Otto runs over to the freezer and grabs an ice pack. "Where do you want it?" he asks, glancing over you, trying to gauge the seriousness of your injuries.

"My.. my head, it's throbbing. I can barely think..." you say shakily.

He places the ice pack behind your head, laying you gently back down. He kneels down in front of you, moving the hair away from your face.

"I'm so sorry y/n," Otto sobs, "This is all my fault.." He threatened her and I doubted he would act on those threats... this is my fault...

"Hey! No! This isn't your fault. He's f*cking insane." You grunt as you turn to face him. "He planned this Otto, this wasn't something either of us could stop. Are you sure he's gone? What if he tells someone where he saw me?!" Your breaths grow shallow and rapid.