Drunk Words are Sober Thoughts

Storming into the apartment, you quickly grab a shower and change clothes. You weren't sure what had gotten into Otto. He was... hostile and annoying. The mistrust against bff/n had your blood boiling. I have never given Otto a reason to dislike me so why now? What the f*ck is wrong with him?!

Brushing off the thoughts you head out, hurrying out of the building to avoid running into Otto and consequently another fight.

You get a text from Bff/n saying that an Uber should arrive any minute, and sure enough, a blue sedan rolls up just as she's said.

Text to Bff/n: I'm on my way...*send*

***

Shot after shot, your vision begins to blur. The world around you is spinning, melting down as euphoria fogs your brain. Otto...your thoughts begin, but someone interrupts them.

"Are you having fun," bff/n asks, "I mean, it looks like you are anyway." They say, and let out a small laugh.

You didn't realize that you were swaying your body to the music until now, and your head falls back in a laugh. "BFF/n, I loveeee you."

They laugh and say something before walking away, but all you saw was lips moving as your mind drifts back to one person: Otto.

You sneak off to the bathroom and fumble to hit Otto's number, as it starts to ring your cheeks flush.

"Hello?" Otto says anticipating the reason for the call.

"Yoo hoo! Ottoooo" you say, clearly drunk.

"Y/n?!" he says not confused as to if it's you, but more so as to your new demeanor.

"Yes silly! It's me! I was just calling to tell you I love you and I'm sorry for how I treated you earlier" you begin to sob, "I know you just want to protect me because you love me dearly"

"Y/n where are you?!" Otto's stomach turns.

"Athepaarty" your words slur together. Otto goes to respond but he hears the phone being taken away.

"Dr. Octavius I think it'd be smart if you came and got y/n. She's perfectly fine please don't misunderstand it's just.. she keeps talking about you and.."

"Goddammit, okay I'm on my way, send me your location" Otto hangs up.

We were right.

**

With each rough contact of his arms against the brick buildings, Otto grows frantic, his back aching with each extension of the arms. Rubble falls to the ground as he races to find you. What did she get herself into? Why didn't I stop her?!

The arms click and whir, you should've been there! You must protect her!

As he scales the buildings of the city he's scanning everywhere for signs of you. His phone buzzes- bff/n texting him from your phone.

we are here. I've got y/n taken care of. they're safe but they keep asking for you.

*address attached*

Seeing this only made him panic more, the arms tainting his thoughts. You weren't there!

Finally arriving at the apartment complex he hears "Dr. Octavius! Over here!"

He plants down hard on the ground, panting, his back aching. It had been quite sometime since he's used the arms in that manner for that long. He arches his back, cracking it. His eyes meet yours. "Y/N!"

"Ottooooo!!" you say excited.

Otto's eyes meet bff/n, the mutterings of the arms tainting his image of them.

"Y/n was having fun and she was so happy but she kept asking for you and talking about you so when I heard her call you I followed her, grabbed the phone and-" bff/n frantically tries to explain.

"Thank you bff/n. I'm going to take her home. I appreciate you looking after her tonight." Otto declares, trying to muster his own voice over that of his arms.

If should've been us there to protect her, not this bff/n. US. The mechanics hiss at him.

Otto gulps, feeling the sweat accumulate on his forehead.

"Don't mention it," bff/n replies, looking concerned, "I'm glad you came."

Otto scoops you up, your arms wrapped around him and his arm under your knees.

"Let's get you home okay?" Otto says, holding you tight against his chest, almost as a reassurance that you're safe with him. He waits for your nod of approval before he takes off.

As Otto carries you back to the apartment he continuously looks down at you, watching you sleepily looking at him.

"You're soooo cute when you're grumpy," you giggle, reaching up to pet his chin.

"I'm not grumpy, darling, I'm just relieved you're okay."

"I'm glad you came for me, I was dumb. I just wanted to" -you start to choke up - "I just wanted to forget about all of this mess for one night."

He pulls your head into him, "shh, it's okay, love, let it all out."

"Otto, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done this. I should've listened to you, and-" you drunkenly sob.

"Hey, I'm not mad at you, okay? Please, just close your eyes. You're blubbering drunk, and we're going to get you home and get you into bed, okay?"

"Okay.. Otto?" you look up at him.

"Yes?"

"I love you, more than anything" you slowly drift off to sleep, mumbling until the very last second.

"And I love you" he says, unsure if you heard before you slipped into a peaceful sleep.

The arms got louder-

You failed her yet again Otto! When will you let us take over and protect her like she deserves? You can't do this without us.

Otto struggles to catch his thoughts, his brain glazed over. Finally arriving at the apartment, Otto gently carries you inside, placing his hand behind your head protecting it from any potentially collisions. He places you in bed, trying his best not to wake you. Once sure you're still asleep, he kisses you on the forehead, changes into a large shirt and boxers and slips into bed. Otto, however, can't sleep, the arms are too vocal for him to be able to calm down. Flo was the only one who had anything positive to say.

She's safe tonight Otto, because of you.

He hums himself a song and eventually his eyes grow heavy and his brain turns to static. He rolls over and slumps his arm over you, wanting to make sure you're still there and breathing. He falls asleep to the sound of your light breaths.