He Knows

*bell rings*

"Okay class I will see you on Wednesday where we will pick up with the history of Atomic Physics. Y/n, stay behind a moment will you?"

Frustrated with being singled out, made a target of, and now this, you roll your eyes while Otto's back is turned. Unfortunately for you, the arms see everything.

"Now what do you think rolling your eyes will accomplish y/n?" Octavius scorns.

Your eyes widen, stunned. You should have known he has eyes in the back of his head.

He turns towards you and continues, "I only wanted to tell you that I'm glad to see you decided to give me another chance."

"Sir?", you ask, puzzled.

"I know who you are y/n y/l/n. You were there the day this all went wrong.. you were there when it happened. Your uncle was one of my biggest supporters back in the day." He takes a step towards you, growing agitated. "He told you about this class didn't he? Did he put you up to this? Sent you here to check on me to make sure I'm not unstable? Did he also tell you what a monster I am- rather was?"

"I didn't think you would recognize me.. Sir, uh, Dr. Octavius--"

"Otto, please" he insists.

"Dr. Octavius, with all due respect, you have no idea who I am or why I'm here. As you said in class, the arms no longer pose a threat, and that's good enough for me. I am here because, regardless of what you think, my interest in this field has nothing to do with my uncle. So I'm confused as to why you have me standing here sir."

Otto is aghast at your attitude. Do I not intimidate her enough?

"Okay y/n, you can go" he says defeated.

"Thank you sir. I'll see you Wednesday"

You pick up your bags and leave the lecture hall. You look back just before you cross the threshold, What the f*ck was that?!

Otto's arms begin to clean the board and pack up for the day. He allows them to take the lead as he ponders how to get to you. He needs to prove himself to you. He wants you to not only like him, but want to be in his presence. He refuses to be a monster, and he is determined to show your uncle that he is a changed man as well. He looks at the door just in time to see you leave.

"I'll show you y/n, I'll show you all who were there that day... I'm not a monster.."