𝕥𝕨𝕠

Mikey's POV

I was ten years old when I first met Y/n. When we were finding a base to hang out to, Baji recommended the Musashi Shrine.

We all agreed since it's always vacant and empty.

Or so we thought...

The first time we went there, we saw a young girl that was also our age sweeping the dried leaves.

She was wearing a white and red hakama. Her h/c hair was tied into a (hairstyle).

She approached us.

"Are you here to pray?" she said in a gentle tone.

"Uhh, we're just here to hang out. Is that alright?" Baji asked

She went silent for a moment like she was thinking and smiled.

"Sure, just don't make a mess and don't break anything." She said in a threatening voice.

"Huh? Who are you to say that in that tone?" Pah said while nearing the girl.

Before I could stop Pah, the girl pointed her broomstick at his neck.

"My name is Y/n L/n, a shrine maiden in training." She said calmly.

"We're sorry about our friend Pah, thanks for letting us stay. We won't make a mess or destroy anything." Ken-chin said while bowing with Pah

The girls smiled again and assured him that it was alright.

"Y/n-chin, let's be friends." I said happily.

"Alright, what's your name?" She asked

"Manjiro, Sano Manjiro but you can call me Mikey." I said

That was the start of our friendship. When we were 11 I eventually caught feelings and confessed.

I was prepared to be rejected like Shin-nii but she said she felt the same. We were happy and content. She completed me like the final puzzle piece.

When Shin-nii died she never left me. We continued to grow toman since then and became the rulers of Shibuya.

When Baji died she was also there. Not only for me but for everyone.

When Emma died, she held me close. Reassuring that none of these deaths was my fault. Even when Ken-chin got angry, she was there by my side.

When I learned about Takemichi's secret, we fought Tenjiku together and won.

After disbanding Toman, she never left my side but I pushed her away.

I thought that it was for the best, I didn't want to lose her too. She's the only one I got left. She's the only reason why I have my last bit of sanity.

I thought she was safe but she wasn't.

South Terano, another gang leader in Tokyo wanted her.

That bast*rd went to her shrine and brought men. He wanted Y/n to join his gang and be his woman and use her against me.