Helping Out

You walk towards a decent looking building, its prices are a bit scary but its the best hotel In town. You have running water, a clean bed and lights. As you pay your entry you look out the window and see a mansion in the distance.

You ask the receptionist who the mansion belongs to and if there's someone there.

Man: That mansion was haunted a few months ago, but a team of adventures were able to clear it out. Now they own the mansion for themselves.

You thank the receptionist for the information and make your way to your bedroom.

Y/n: [ahh, so comfortable. I guess those nine thousand Eris were worth it.]

You put Storm-breaker to the side of your bed and lay down, if want to go on more dangerous adventures then you have to upgrade your gear.

Y/n: [That girl earlier, I feel like I know her from somewhere. Her blonde hair and blue eyes looked beautiful, not to mention her stunning armor.]

============================
Next Morning
============================

You get up and get dressed for you have to start upgrading your gear. No swordsman is complete without a sword, so getting one won't be that bad.

As you walk out you notice from the corner of your eye, the girl from yesterday. She walks into the blacksmith; conveniently, that's where you need to go too. You follow her in and see her paying out a new sword.

Blacksmith: That will be two hundred fifty thousand Eris ma'am.

Girl: Oh no, I only have two hundred thousand on me, can you give me another day to gather the money?

Blacksmith: Im sorry but this item is expensive and it has to go, I cannot-

You interrupt the blacksmith and offer to help out with the payment.

Y/n: I can be of assistance, (You look at her) I can help you pay off the item, then you can just return the favor when we meet again.

Girl: O-oh, I, u-uhh-

Y/n: Just accept my offer, it's no biggie.

She embarrassingly accepts your help and pays along with you to get her sword.

Girl: M-my name is darkness, im sorry for t-the trouble I have caused you t-today (she bows her head) I will repay you as soon as i get the money-!

Y/n: (you put your thumb on her chin and raise her head) Its alright lady darkness, you can repay me any time you wish, im just doing a favor (you smile)

Darkness: I thank you very much for your help, I owe my life to you!

Y/n: C-calm down there, it's only money!

She embarrassingly storms out of the shop before I can comfort her

Blacksmith: So what will you be having?

After you explain your situation and needs he agrees to upgrade your armor and gives you the price

Blacksmith: The price for upgrading your armor and axe will be 250,000 Eris. The price for a new, upgraded sword will be 100,000 Eris.

You stumble back at hearing the price for the sword, a cold sweat drips down your face as you are in shock.

Y/n: A-are there any discounts for the s-sword?

Blacksmith: You're asking for a long sword with a carbon-steel blade, pure gold hilt and ease of enchantment. You're lucky I'm not asking for 200,000 Eris.

Y/n: 100,000 Eris s-sounds great! I'll take it!

Blacksmith: [Hah, he actually fell for it] alright then, everything will be ready by tomorrow noon. I suggest you don't take on any quests while you are basically helpless.

Y/n: (glooming over the price) yes I won't be attending any quests in the meantime.

You walk out and notice a small shop in the corner of the block. A magic shop, seems like some items could be useful.

You walk in and the worker greets you with a gentle voice.

Worker: Good day sir, my name is Wiz, how may I help you?

Y/n: Wiz, was it? I'm looking for items that will help me enchant my weapons and armor.

Wiz: (she points to a shelf stocked with new merch) those are the things we have to offee that have to do with upgrading and enchanting.

Y/n: F-fire enchantments for an axe, sharpness for a sword? These don't look bad at all- (you look at the prices) nevermind.

Wiz: What was that?

Y/n: I-i'll take some health potions thank you!

She prepares some potions in a bag and charges you for them

Wiz: Thank you for your purchase, have a great day!

Y/n: You too! (You walk out) [2,000,000 Eris for each enchantment?! Who sells that in such a small town?!]

You make your way to the hotel to put your potions away.

Y/n: I'm hungry, gotta find some place to eat. (You knock over a canister left by the last patron) huh? A map? (You pick it up with curiosity) Woah, it's a map of the village! Sweet!

You make your way out and use the map to guide you to the nearest place to eat.

Y/n: [No restaurants?! You gotta be kidding! I don't wanna eat in a bar, those places stink!]

You walk to the adventures guild, that seemed like a nice place. You've been there already and it looks decent.

As you walk in and take a seat an employee walks up to you to take your order.

Waitress: What will you be having today sir?

Y/n: Can I have the menu? I'm new here and don't know whats for sale (you laugh awkwardly)

She hands you a menu and walks away, telling you she will be back in a while to take your order

Y/n: [What the hell is this menu?! Frog eye soup?! Newt tail stew?! Dragon belly stuffing?!] (You look at the menu in disgust until you find something that looks quite promising)

Waitress: Are you ready to place your order?

Y/n: Y-yes! I'll take the fried drumsticks with some ice cold bottle of beer please.

Waitress: Coming up, it'll be a few minutes.

You sit there calculating your bill before you even eat.

Y/n: [Ok so the plate of drumsticks is 600 Eris and a bottle of beer is 200 Eris so add those together and you get 800 Eris, seems like a good deal.]

You glance over at the entrance and see the group of adventures walk in celebrating. Darkness seems so calm around them, almost as if she's part of a family with them. You stop staring and look down.