A Small Chat

You open your eyes as the sun shines through the window, another day has begun. Darkness lays there sleeping next to you, cuddling herself onto you. The calm face she has makes you happy.

You loosen her grip and get out of bed without waking her up. As you walk into the bathroom you begin brushing your teeth, the toothpaste here feels weird. It's not as minty as on earth.

Armor is the least of your worries, you walk out of the mansion wearing just your normal clothes and the ring darkness gave you.

You walk your way to the field, staring at the ring on your finger. It's so shiny and perfectly cut, it must be a rare gemstone.

You lay down in the middle of the field and look up at the sky, so beautiful, bright and vast.

You wonder how your family is doing back home. Are they still mourning your loss? Or did they manage without you? There's isn't any way for you to see them now that you are here.

A couple tears roll down your face as you hear footsteps approaching.

Darkness: I knew I'd find you here.

Y/n: O-oh (You wipe your face quickly) Good morning Darkness, how did you know where I was?

Darkness: Lucky guess, what were you doing here?

Y/n: Just enjoying the wind and sky, nothing much.

Darkness: May I join you?

Y/n: Of course (You smile)

She lays next to you and holds your hand, rubbing the back of your palm with her thumb.

Darkness: What's on your mind Y/n?

Y/n: Nothing much, just a few thoughts.

Darkness: Like? I'd like to know, that is if you don't mind?

Y/n: I was just thinking about how happy I am with you here. You've made these days here bearable.

Darkness: Is that so? Im flattered (She smiles)

Y/n: Yeah, I have a question. What were you like before I got here? Like a few years before?

Darkness: I used to be a woman without ambition, only dreams. I wanted a husband that would treat me bad, one that would hurt me for the good things I did.

Y/n: Wait what? Who would want something like that?

Darkness: Old me did, I wanted to be someone's pet, or even better. A slave.

Y/n: So basically you were an extreme masochist?

Darkness: Yes, yes I was. If I could go back in time I would slap the old me for saying such things.

Y/n: What about now? What do you want now?

Darkness: I know exactly what I want. I want you. You're the perfect match to all my preferences in men.

Y/n: Oh really? And what are those preferences? I would very much like to know them (You sit up)

Darkness: Alright alright. You're strong both in mind and physique, you're smart and can think yourself out of certain situations, you're kind and gentle with people and you seem to have a good balance between being a good partner. Both romantically and sexually (She smirks)

Y/n: Wow, not even I knew I had all those qualities, it almost sounds like you're making up a person. Im happy to know I'm making you happy (You smile)

Darkness: What about you? I wanna know what your preferences are!

Y/n: Hmmm let me see... Well I like girls that stand up for themselves but also aren't afraid to ask for help, you know?

Darkness: Keep going

Y/n: I like it when a girl is spicy, she doesn't let herself be pushed around. I like her to be kind too and not just an angry nut job.

Darkness: What about physically?

Y/n: Look at yourself and there you have it (You kiss her forehead)

Darkness: (She hugs you and pushes you down on the grass) I love you Y/n...

Y/n: I love you too Darkness...

After your little talk with darkness you both headed back to the mansion. All that talking and loving made you both hungry, the others might have already eaten without you two.

Y/n: Anyone here?

Aqua: Yeah I'm here

Darkness: Where are the others? (She looks around)

Aqua: Probably tired of fucking and fast asleep in their room (She drinks her coffee)

Y/n: That was blunt...

Darkness: Anyways, so what's for breakfast?

Aqua: There's some bread and meat, you could make some sandwiches. I already ate some leftovers from last night.

Darkness: Alright then (She takes off her armor and puts on an apron)

Aqua: I'm gonna go to the guild and see if I can get a good mission.

Y/n: Alright then, we'll meet you there

Aqua: Alright then, see ya' (She walks out)

Darkness: Do you want me to toast your bread for the sandwich or do you want it like that?

Y/n: (You hug her from behind) Hmmm, toasted please

Darkness: Alright then, just let me go for a bit so I can toast it.

Y/n: No. Mine (You rub your face on her neck)

Darkness: Y-Y/n let me toast the bread!

Y/n: What if I wanted you for breakfast?

Darkness: S-stop being flirty! Im hungry you know.

Y/n: Alright alright (You let her go) but this doesn't mean you fully escaped from me, I'll be back to bite!

Darkness: Yeah yeah why don't you bite me right now you hungry little baby (She giggles)

Y/n: (You gently bite her neck)

Darkness: (Her face turns red) W-what are you doing!

Y/n: (You let go and kiss her neck) Doing what you told me to do miss Lalatina

Darkness: Don't call me that!

Y/n: Awww why not? The priest will have to use it on the day of our wedding you know.

She makes a surprised look as she covers her face.

Darkness: I-I didn't think of that.

Y/n: Awww, My cute little crusader.

She looks away in embarrassment.

Darkness: J-just let me toast the bread!

Y/n: (You giggle) Alright alright, go ahead.

She sets the bread on a heated pan and waits for it to cook. A little butter is added so the bread doesn't burn.

You grab the meat from a basket and chop it into small chunks.

Y/n: How do you store meat? Doesn't it go bad after a day?

Darkness: Well we have the ability to stop meat from going bad. You see that basket? It's enchanted with a field of magic that prevents decay. In other words, it prevents any meat or vegetable from spoiling.

Y/n: [Its amazing how magic can easily substitute for modern items...]