Dangers of the World

The night passes by calmly, no interruptions to your sleep with darkness. Who knows if this will be the last time you two sleep on the same bed. Your sleep is interrupted by movements and noises, you spring up and realize Darkness isn't there. You get up and walk over to the closet where the noise was coming from. You walk in and see darkness there, packing her bag. The sun hasn't risen quite yet and she's already getting ready to start travel.

Y/n: Darkness, what are you doing this early?

Darkness: I was packing our bags for the journey, I just wanted to get a head start.

Y/n: Oh, you should have woken me up to help, it wouldn't have bothered me.

Darkness: I know, you just looked so peaceful while sleeping, I didn't want to wake you up just for this

You put on some clothes and began helping her get the bags ready. She walked out of the room to go wake up the others as soon and the sun came up. It seemed her sadness had drained away and she suddenly was looking forward to all of this.

There is no space in the bags for armor or weapons so those would have to be carried along. You had packed small weapons and a few extra medical supplies in both bags, you never know when it will be needed. Darkness walked back in with two warm cups of coffee for both of you to enjoy together before going.

The cold dawn wind blew calmly throughout the barren fields, the whistles could be heard from the balcony both of you were standing on. Drinking your warm coffee, enjoying what could possibly be the last moment of love and happiness you have together. She huddled up to you as you held her close, even through all the bad things that are happening right now you both still share this strong feeling of love between each other.

Kazuma knocked on the door, informing you both that there's ten minutes left before you all go on this mission. You armored up and got your main weapons ready, this was going to be a tiresome trip. Walking for almost two days without taking the armor off. Even resting would be a problem with these heavy weights on you both. All of this was being done as a favor to Aqua, for she also deserves to feel a romantic form of love with the person she holds dearest.

All of you walked out of the mansion. The dawn sun was barely shining, everything was almost in complete shadows. You walk up to Darkness and grab her hand, she grips your hand tightly as you all walk out of the village.

The forest is cold, dark and somewhat scary. Everything in it seemed as if it came from the deepest depths of hell. Kazuma was using the map to lead the team, every step of the was was in his hands. The morning sun came out and made the dense forest a bit brighter. Megumin shares out some sandwiches she made at home, you take one as you help Aqua give out some warm chocolate. It has barely been three hours into the journey when the armor and weapons were getting annoying.

The route through the forest was a good idea since it will give shade most of the daytime trip, it would be a lot worse if you all decided to walk through the desert valley.

The ground began to shake and the small trees swayed from side to side, something huge was approaching you, and fast. Wiz quickly erected an ice pillar and lifted all of you over the canopy of the trees. A huge dust cloud was storming to your location, and due to the dust cloud it wasn't noticeable.

Wiz: It's probably a wild boar, they are highly territorial and hate it when something trespasses it's territory. We must get away as fast as we can.

Kazuma: What do you mean "get away as fast as we can"?! It's basically already here!

The animal rammed directly into the ice pillar as Wiz whispered "Gotcha". The pillar engulfed the animal and grew to an enormous size, it was frozen inside the ice hill and it probably wouldn't see the light of day again.

You all got away from the hill as fast as possible, there's a high chance that it wouldn't escape but you wouldn't take that chance. Mid-day hit and the sun was at it's hottest, you were approaching the base of the mountain on the map. It would take a day to scale the mountain, the hideout of the kidnappers is on the other side. They have a magical barrier around their entrance so the safest way to play this would be to take them from above.

The way the barrier works is its like a fence. It can detect and block attacks from straight on, but it cannot protect from overhead attacks. The most dangerous part about scaling the mountain is the beasts that inhabit it. Huge boars, many times bigger than the one you fought back then. Eagles big enough to pick you up and fly away, with talons the size of daggers that can pierce through the skin with ease. Insects that can paralyze you with a single sting, others that can sting you with incurable poison.

This was turning out to be a huge risk to everyone, it was way too dangerous but everyone was determined to keep going. The base was pretty easy to climb, but after that it got very steep. Night began to fall and it seemed like there was a small cave where you could camp the night. There was supposed to be no camping, just a straight scale overnight, but the woods were just too dangerous. Especially during these hours.

You and Darkness agreed to sleep with your armor on, in case of any emergency then you would be prepared. You set your sleeping bags next to each other, as if you were sleeping together back at home. Kazuma started a small fire and you all sat around it. Megumin once again gave out food to everyone, supposedly there were five meals worth of food in the bag. You had already eaten three so you had an extra one, the last one will be saved for a dire situation.

Everything was getting harder and harder. The anxiety was building up inside all of  you and honestly, it was bad. You all agreed to wake before dawn like you did today, just a bit earlier. This mountain scaling would be better done when there is no sun, it's already tiring with the shade. Aqua put out the fire and you all laid down to rest, tomorrow is a big day.