Getting Ready

You need more members in your party, people that are not afraid to risk their lives. This is a no prize mission, no one is paying you to complete it, therefore no money. Who in this kingdom would be willing to risk their lives for the heck of it. You went around town, looking for worthy teammates. Everyone you asked either didn't want to participate, either they thought they were too weak or they didn't want a mission without pay.

You walked up to the magic shop where Kazuma buys booze.

Wiz: Good afternoon fellow adventurer, how may I be of assistance?

Y/n: I am looking for people who wish to join me and others in a rescue mission, sadly the mission has no pay.

Wiz: You need help? In a rescue mission? I'd be glad to be of assistance.

Y/n: Really? Are you sure about this?

Wiz: Yes I am sure, You are friends with Kazuma's team, correct? I am happy to help them in any way possible.

Y/n: That's great, what are your main abilities?

Wiz: I can cast very powerful ice magic, some dark magic as well.

Y/n: That's great, I'll go inform the others.

You make your way back to the mansion. Darkness was in the living-room fixing a dress she had torn. You sit next to her and tell her you found someone to help. She knows wiz and trusts she will be of use in this battle.

Darkness: Y/n, we should keep this mission to little people as possible, we don't want to take people to die on the battle. Let's keep Wiz and that's it.

Y/n: Alright then, we can do this.

Aqua bursts into the room with a scroll. She claims she has intel on the enemy the past warriors faced. They live in a mountain, far from the mansion. It takes two days to get there by foot, which is the safest way. The enemy are magic casters, something knights obviously have trouble dealing with.

The only persons that would have trouble dealing with the enemy are you and Darkness. Both of you are semi-weak to magic casters, but by learning magic you can counter that.

Aqua also informed you that Kazuma and Megumin have went out to find skill points for the team. Usually skill points are earned by the person and cannot be transferred, but recently they've invented skill pills. By ingesting a skill pill you can get skill points, no one knows where to get these skill pills, but rumors are they're hidden in some barn in the town.

Kazuma, Megumin and someone named Chris went on to try and find these pills, who knows when they will be back. The mission will be in four days, that's enough time to prepare everything you need.

Darkness has had a worried look on her face all day, she wanted to help Aqua regain her love, but at the same time she was worried in losing her own. Seeing her in this state really made you reconsider helping aqua. At times this felt like a mistake, a mistake that will help one person but might damage the other.

Aqua seemed very excited and happy, saving her loved one from the bad guys. But Darkness saw this as just an opportunity to lose you.

Kazuma and Megumin burst into the room with a small bag, exclaiming that they had just found two bottles of skill pills. These bottles were enough skill levels to get each of you a new move to face those magic casters.

After dinner you walked into the room with Darkness, she was holding back tears, tears filled with sorrow and worry. Worry for your loss, worry for the both of you.

You walk up closer to her, trying to free her from the grasp of pain. Your hug her, talk to her, hold her close. Your actions bring out the pent up tears in her eyes, they flow out slowly and quietly.

Y/n: What's wrong love, what's bothering you?

Darkness, crying and trying to speak: It's just... these decisions... they're too dangerous... I don't want... to lose you...

Y/n: Darkness, You're not going to lose me, no one will be lost in this battle, I will make sure of it.

You hug her and hold her head on your chest. You just promised her that no one will be left behind in that mission, what did you just get yourself into.

The tears on her face slowly began to dry out and her cries turned into silence. She had let go all those worries and focused on the plan.

You have two days to come up with a strategy to save those men and two days to make your way to the hideout. These are the most suspenseful days you have had on this new world the hardest decision you ever had to make was risking your life for the people in your past life, this time will be different. No one will be lost in this fight, everyone will make it to safety.

Darkness had already fallen asleep next to you. Her calm facial expression and gentle breathing was reassurance that she was happy, she really had let go all the worries of losing people in the battle field. You on the other hand, weren't as relaxed as her. You had promised to bring back those men and to bring everyone back to the kingdom. All this pressure was on you, you couldn't afford to fail this. everyone is counting on you.

You lay next to Darkness. She is fast asleep, you feel yourself dozing off but just the thought of everything that can go wrong frightens you back to your awake self. You believe all of this was caused by your selfishness, but you cant help being generous whether you like it or not.

You eventually forget about your worries and fall asleep. The night is cold, everything seems to be going wrong, but also seems to be right. The big, white moon hovers above everyone. shiny and beautiful. So mysterious and enchanting. The cold wind runs across the plains, cooling everything the sun heated up. This mission can't go too well, but you'll just have to wait and see what will happen.