Your Darling

After your busy day yesterday you needed something to relax you and destress your head.

Darkness was still sleeping when you woke up. The faint sound of her breathing was enough to start your day of relaxation, knowing she was calm really made you feel better.

She cuddles up closer to you as if she's cold so you grab hold of her and make sure she doesn't feel uneasy.

The morning was a bit chilly but nothing out of the ordinary, just a few rougher winds. She groaned and moved around a bit until she woke up and greeted you.

Darkness: Good morning y/n (She yawns)

Y/n: Good morning sweetheart, how was your sleep?

Darkness: It was wonderful, especially since you were here (She fits her face on your neck)

Y/n: Can we have a relaxing day off today? I've been feeling really tense lately.

Darkness: Of course, we can have a bath with some scented candles, I know how to give a good massage too.

Y/n: That's unexpected but I'll take what I can get (You hug her)

You run your fingers through her soft silk-like hair. How does she manage to keep it like that with all the battles and missions?

Darkness: Alright then, we should have breakfast. Then we can start relaxing.

Y/n: Good idea, I wonder if the others are awake?

Darkness: I doubt it, but we'll see.

You both get ready and head out into the kitchen, everything is deserted and it seems no one has been here since last night.

Y/n: Kazuma and Megumin are probably sleeping from going at it so hard. And u guess Aqua just disappears when she wants to.

Darkness: There's some meat from last night, should we make some eggs with it?

Y/n: That sounds great, I'll make us a cup of coffe each.

Darkness: Can I ask you a personal question?

Y/n: Sure, go ahead.

Darkness: Do you miss your family?

Your voice felt deep, as if you couldn't speak. Deep down inside you really missed them.

Darkness: Nevermind, I'm sorry for asking.

Y/n: N-no it's alright. My family were people I'll get over easily. They we're not the best, but at least they tried.

Darkness: What do you mean? Were they unfair with you?

Y/n: Yeah, they were. My father didn't care about anyone in the family, only himself. My mother was too stressed about everything, that eventually lead to her neglecting everyone around her. My younger sister ran off with her lover at the age of 14, apparently she's living a better life with him and his family now.

Darkness: That's horrible, how did you manage to cope with everything?

Y/n: I didn't. I used to take the blame for everything and I was the one to end all fights between my family. That's why, when I took down that terrorist in exchange for my life, I felt like I had nothing to regret.

Darkness: Nothing? No friends at all?

Y/n: No, no one wanted to be near me, so I got used to riding on my own.

You watch a couple tears roll down her face as you approach and hug her.

Y/n: Its alright, I'm happy where I am now. The past isn't gonna hold me back.

Darkness: I know, and... And I'm so glad... You still managed to keep a kind heart...

You calmed her down and sat down to have breakfast. All this stressing about the past isn't helping you get anywhere. Seeing her facial expression really knocked some reality into you, she really does care.

After breakfast you both headed back to the bedroom for a nice relaxing bath, one you've been needing. The water ran into the tub as Darkness lit the candles. The smell of the candles felt like flowers from the field, so sweet and almost tasty.

You both slipped off your clothes and got into the warm tub. The sight of seeing each other's bare skin was nothing to be surprised about anymore, there was still minor embarrassment but it wasn't a big deal.

You wrapped your arms around her, pulling her in for warmth. You held her hands as you laid back on the tub to relax. She laid back and on you, her hair slightly tickled you but after moving it away it felt comfortable again.

Darkness: What should we do after this?

Y/n: I don't know, maybe we should go out for a picnic in the field. Doesn't that sound good?

Darkness: It sounds perfect.

You lost track of how much time you both spent in there, it seemed like mere minutes, but you believe it was more like an hour.

Darkness: My hands are beginning to shrivel up, I think its time to get out.

Y/n: Yeah, I think we should. The water is also getting a bit cold.

You both step out and get dried and dressed, the feeling of wearing normal clothes and not heavy armor is so comfortable. You both prepared food for the picnic you would be having. In a picnic you don't take large meals, you take snacks and juices. The heat in the kitchen was unbearable, all you wanted to do is finish your food and head out. you both ended up making sandwiches and cupcakes to take, to drink you made some cold juice. 

You both step out and walk to the tree you were laying under the other day. The fresh breeze hit your face and almost knocked you over. 

Darkness: This seems like a nice spot right? (She lays a sheet on the grass and sits down)

Y/n: Yeah, this place is perfect (You put the basket down and sit next to her)

Darkness lays her head on your shoulder and holds your hand. 

Darkness: You're not lonely anymore y/n, I'm here with you. No one will ever take you away from me, nor will anyone take me away from you. We will never be separated, our love will always be the strongest thing that keeps us together. 

Her words put a smile on your face and drags a few tears out of your eyes. She wipes them off your cheeks and gives you a reassuring kiss. Her soft and sweet lips really contrast her job. How can a strong and mighty crusader have such soft and smooth skin, with such a kind and gentle touch. You would expect her to be rough and wild. 

Y/n: Darkness, how did you decide to become a crusader? 

Darkness: I ran away from my family, I didn't want anything to do with them. They weren't  bad people, they just treated me like a child. I dreamed of adventure, I dreamed of being free, of being able to do anything I want. So the day I ran away I decided a crusader would be the best job for me. 

Y/n: That's amazing, I don't think I would have the guts to run away like that. 

Darkness: Yeah, I still kind of regretted it. But now I realize it was a wonderful idea (She tightens her grip on your hand a bit) I am happy that I decided to do what I did, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.