The Ambush

Aqua and Kazuma were laughing from a few feet away. As the smoke cleared up you met up again. With all that magic being blasted to the beast, one of Megumin's bombs and Aquas water jets mixed with each other. The heat from the bombs mixed with the water made a scalding water that boiled the animals face, the excruciating pain made it crash and somewhat pass out. Or even die.

At this point you were already low enough on the mountain to review the ambush plan. Only about half a mile was left between you and the enemy lair, one last check was made on the tools needed to take them out. Everything was ready, you all were ready.

The little distance between you and certain death made it difficult to decide on what to do. Darkness gripped your hand down the way, all the anxiety building up was bad. You feared that because of this the mission would go horribly wrong, that you might not see Darkness or the gang again.

You were at the top part of the cave, the edge of the roof, right by the mouth. You all slid down as quiet as possible. A few trips and bumps were unavoidable but it wasn't enough to stop you. It was surprisingly quiet and no animal was seen around the perimeter.

You made it to the entrance of the huge cave. There were no guards, or people fro that matter, to be seen in the area. Since you entered without disturbing the magic wall there was no alert of your presence. The cave was bright and rather nice, there were chairs, tables and other fancy furniture. It was all made of gold and the finest silk that only royalty could afford. These were all rouge magic users so everything in here was stolen, what kind of people are these.

Making your way deeper into the cave it got narrower and narrower until you were all met with a split, a decision was made to split into teams of two. The sad part was that you and Darkness were the tanks of the team, and having both tanks in one team didn't seem fair. Wiz and Aqua both knew advanced healing magic, so the two teams were now as follows.

You, Wiz and Kazuma were one team while Megumin, Darkness and Aqua were another. It wasn't too fair due to many reasons but there was no time to perfectly pick who goes with who. You followed the left tunnel break and quickly managed to arrive to a large door made of steel and wood. The seemingly impenetrable obstacle was easily movable, probably for ease of use. That was the only thing standing between you and whatever was on the other side, and now that you had cleared it, what you saw was nothing like you were expecting.

Darkness walked down the path to the right. It seemed endless until she reached a dark room. There was no light source from anywhere, it was just an abyss. Megumin had the idea to light up the room using her explosions, but instead of casting an explosion she would tamper with the magic to make fire. Aqua could also make a little light using healing magic, it wasn't as bright as Megumin's though. The sparkles and brightness of both lights must have alerted something of their arrival, as low moans and groans could be heard. Megumin approached the sounds and guided herself using the fire.

It was a man, but not any man, one of the knights that were sent from the missionn. Megumin tampered with her magic until she was able to make a fire large enough to light up the entire room. The sight was almost unbearable to see. All the men were being held hostage here, used as prisoners for the magic casters to harvest energy from. Aqua ran up to her lover and held him tight, all of the men went from bulky, muscle bult knights to skinny, bony livestock.

Aqua used her healing magic to at least manage them back to their feet. The light on Megumin's torch was running out but it was just enough to get all the men out of there. They all limped and dragged themselves out of the cave and eventually made their way back to the cutoff.

You walk into the room and there sits an old man holding a staff. There was a purplish light emitting from his eyes, which was obviously not good. He stood up and out a mighty, eerie shreak before pointing his staff at you and sending multiple black spheres at you. You used Storm-breaker to block most of the spheres and made your way to him. Lifting and swinging your mighty weapon at him wasn't going to be enough so a thunder charge was enough to try and stop him.

Unsurprisingly he dodged it and popped up behind you. One of the many black orbs send hit you directly on the back, causing you to get knocked down.

Kazuma used his steal ability and with his enormous amount of luck, managed to get the staff, breaking it in half as soon as he got it.

The caster shrieked once more as the light in his eyes dimmed down a little, he then started making spheres using all kinds of elements. His magic was way more advanced than anything you've ever seen, things you'd only see in a boss fight while playing a videogame.

Fire spheres were hurdled at Wiz, who easily stopped them with an ice wall. Kazuma was attacked with balls of lightning, but thanks to his fast snipe skill he destroyed every single one of them before they could get close. Her ice spears pinned the caster on the furthest wall of the room, only for him to immediately break free from it's cold grasp. "Wiz, Kazuma! Get out, now!" You yelled as you ran up the ice. They both ran out of the room, meeting up with the others.

"Heavens Rage!" Were the last words to leave your mouth as you slammed your axe down on the ground, making the entire room fill up with rain clouds. It all got so huge there was no escaping, heavy rains flooded every corner of the entire room. At this point your death seemed inescapable.

You heard someone cry out "Binding Ties!" and  a rope suddenly wrapped around your entire body, pulling you back and out of the room leaving the caster to deal with this ugly predicament.

One of the men was fully healed by aqua and he had enough energy to use a skill, saving your life. The ropes untie as you get to the team, when an extremely loud electric crackling sound comes from the far room. All that is seen is a bright light, followed by silence.