Chapter Three

Shannon

"There we go. I'll be back to check on you. If you need me before then hit the button, okay?" "Okay. Thank you, Ms. Shannon." "You're welcome, sweetie." I walked back to the station to finish up the last of my reports before heading out on break. "Almost lunch, girl. What are we feeling today?" Courtney or Coco for short asked. We've gotten real close since I've started working here. Along with Nadia, Terri and Ms. Laura. "I don't know. I could go for anything." "Ninja's?" "Oh my lord, yes." "Ooh or maybe him with some chocolate and whipped cream." I peeked up, it was Marcus. "Courtney, calm your hormones." "That man is fine. Mm mm." Nadia joined in. "The dreads, the beard, the body, the lips." "Oh my god." "Come back, y'all." "Shit, here he comes." "Hey Marcus." "Ladies, how are we today?" "Good. How many this round?" Nadia asked. "Only three for this floor then ICU." "Well we were thinking about getting Ninja for lunch. Care to join us?" Coco asked him. "If I can get these ran through the system and back to their respective places, I'll most definitely try." He looked at me a little before the girls grabbed his attention.

I used the time to get a real good look at him. Not going to lie, he is very handsome. The fresh lineup and retwist. Beard shaped up leading around the most plump lips. Soon as he was inside the patient's room these two fell out. "I'm going to lunch, bye girl." "Wait for me Shan." She ran catching up to me at the stairs. "You are a mess." "Hey, you were looking too." "Yes, to see what it is about him. Not impressed." She tried to feel my forehead. "Girl, move." "I'm trying to see if you're sick or something." "Coco he's cute and everything but that's it." "Alright but tell me you wouldn't climb that tree oh yee of little height?" I glared at her before answering. "Yes,I would." "Exactly."

After ordering and making it back to the parking lot, we sat in her truck eating. "As much as you fall out and swear Marcus is so good looking, how come you haven't made a move?" "Two reasons. One: He knows I've had this "crush" on him for a while now. Two: He's also best friends with my brother, Corey. They've been friends since middle school, which is also why he brushes me off."

"Oh really." "Mhm but I'm going to break him down eventually." "Sure Coco." "Speaking of my brother, Corey owns this club. It's 90's/2000's night and we have a great time. You wanna go out with us tonight?" "Yeah, No, see cause the last time we went out you and Terri got shitfaced so, Nadia and I ended up babysitting. Luckily, I was driving your car when you threw up." "I promise there will be no babysitting, there will be a driver." She did a little face. "Fine." "Yay. We can meet at my place around nine." "Alright."

We finished up our shift before switching everything over to the night crew. With not living too far from the hospital I got in early and just stripped. Going into the bathroom I got the water just right before hopping in and relaxing for a bit. After doing my hygiene and makeup, I found a dress for the theme. Checking the time, it was almost 8:30. Luckily Coco only lives about twenty-five minutes from me.

"Oop alright now, got grace and mercy out to say hello. Nice to see you again ladies." "Shut up. Hey Nadia." "Hey, Shan." "Um why do you have on two different shoes?" "I'm glad you asked. Which shoes look better? That one over there is no help." "Hey, all I said was change the whole outfit." " Hush." "Well...she is right." "Oop, now what?" "Keep talking and you're staying here." "Uh uh, not tonight. Come on, I'll help you." By the time we finally found Coco something to wear Terri had arrived so, we loaded up and headed for the club. "Alright y'all. Pre-game Round one!" Nadia handed each of us a shot. Shit it has been a minute since I've let loose and just had a good time.

Marcus

First time I saw Shannon I was blown away by such a beautiful woman. She stood about 5'6 brown skin, light brown eyes, burgundy hair that matched her skin very well. She just had this sweet, down to earth type energy about her. Even if she would only say a few words to me. Whatever has happened to her you can tell she's also very guarded with herself.

It's a shame when a coward damages a beautiful woman because of his own selfishness. That's for all woman because all of them are beautiful. She works on the fourth floor which is the regular medical floor. I travel all around this hospital drawing many patient's blood but somehow I always get a little excited when assignments are on that floor.

"We just got orders for five patients. Can you handle it for me?" "I got it." Reading over the paperwork I hit the elevator waiting for it to arrive. It's almost lunch time maybe I'll bypass her in the hall. "Yo What's up Marcus?" "What's good T?" Tyson is a nurse in the Intensive Care Unit. His mother, Ms. Laura, also works on the fourth floor. The elevator finally arrived, we pressed our separate floors. "Where you headed?" "Medical then up to your floor." "Cool, what you getting into tonight?" "Not much really. It's my weekend with little man, so he'll keep me going. What you got going on?" "Sliding through to Onyx, see who I can take home." "Aight, you gone get the right one and she gone fuck you up." We laughed and talked more before the elevator signaled for my stop. "Aight, man." "Aight T, catch you in a few."

Just my luck there she was at the nurse's station. Today she had on black scrubs with red stripes on the side. Black and red Nike air zoom pulse on her feet, her hair was black and straight down her back. She looked beautiful as always. She's not even trying and still got me in daze. A page on my hospital phone bought me back. "Ladies, how are we today?" I talked to the ladies as always before leaving them. After the last patient I stopped to say later to Tyson.

"Aight T, I'm out. I'll try to have these back to the doctor for you by two." "That's cool. You sure you not coming out tonight?" "Tyson you know-" "Negro please you were one of the draws on Friday nights." Yeah and I learned my lesson. What's so special about this night anyway?" "90's/2000's night." "O-Kay." "How do you own a club and don't even visit it?" "I do, just not when everybody and they mama in there." "Yeah yeah. I better see you there." "We'll see." Getting all the different results, making sure they were accurate and sent off to their prescriptive places it was way later. Damn, a late lunch it is and another missed opportunity.

Going home I took a quick shower before finding a simple fit, spraying on some polo black and headed out. I called my sister, Melody, to let her know what's up. "Yes sir?" "Aye, I'm just calling to let you know I'll be by in the morning to get Cam." "Thank god. He will be on the porch with his stuff waiting on you." "Don't do my mans like that Mel." "Yeah yeah, see you in the morning." "Later." Damn everybody here tonight. Perks of being part owner: I have my own spot cause lord have mercy. The parking lot and the street is full.

~~~~~

What's up y'all. I know I've been missing in action but your boy has been busy with work. Finally have the time and energy to get this chapter together. As a way to make it up I will be dropping another chapter this week.

But tell me what you guys think so far. This was more of a filler chapter before we get to the good. We got to meet Coco and Nadia.

Annnnnnnnyyywho. Leave me your thoughts in the comments. Suggestions. Vote, Share and Don't forget to add this book to your library to know when a new chapter is uploaded. Appreciate you guys.

-Domenic