Chapter Eleven

Shannon

It's been a while since last seeing my family. Christmas was great especially seeing my babies. I haven't really been keeping in contact with my mother as of lately. With working more doubles the moment I walk out that hospital all I want is food, my bear and I'm out for the night. This vacation coming up is well needed and deserved. For now the focus is the birthday girl.

Pretty soon I could see Gio's big self coming towards me. Our mother walking in front carrying only her purse. She's a diva. "Hi mommy!" "Hey,my baby." She walked with her arms out for a hug only to pop my arm. "Ma!" "Shannon Elizabeth Banks what is wrong with you? I haven't heard from you in about two weeks. Why must I ask Gio about you?" "I'm sorry." "I tried covering for you Shan but I told you she'd get ya." Gio came around giving a side hug. "Hey Gio. It's just been really busy lately, ma." "Yeah,okay." I noticed half the crew missing. "Where's Rob and the kids?" "They had a test, soon as they take them they're headed out. Should be landing within the next hour."

We waited around for them and it wasn't long before hearing my babies scream. "AUNTIE!!" "Hi babies!!" I was instantly engulfed in hugs and kisses. "Hey boo!" "Hey boo!" "I have missed you like crazy." "I'm so glad y'all are here. Well y'all welcome to North Carolina."

We went to the hotel to drop off their stuff before heading out to Rooster's for lunch. While seated and looking through the menu we began catching up. "So what's been going on baby?" "Nothing much. Just working mommy." "Mhm." With Gina on my left, she was on the right. "What?" "That's it, nothing else?" "No, mommy." "So you just glowing and smiling for no reason?" "I wasn't going to say anything Sis but, you got the sun beat right now." Robin said. "I'm just happy to see y'all, that's it." They both looked at me. "There's no one making you do that?" "What are you talking about?" "You must have forgotten who you talking to little girl. Plus you have him as your lock screen." Gio ears perked up. I didn't even realize my phone was facing up. "Oop let me see." I handed her the phone. "And his name Daddy with the heart and eggplant." "Oh,god." Gio grabbed the phone. "What's your passcode? Can't see his face." "No,sir." I try to snatch my phone back but he's bigger and quicker. "Giovanni stop playing." Robin grabbed my phone and handed it back. "Who is that Elizabeth?" I explained to them how we met, how long we've been dating. "At first I was hesitant because he's a little younger."

"How young are we talking?" "twentyfive." "Speak up, girl." "Twenty-Five" "Girl have you lost your entire mind?" "Really Shannon?" Gio said. Robin was sitting there smirking. "Get it sis." "Before the judging starts, it's not like what you think." "That's exactly what it is. Them young boys see a woman making it for herself and want the woman to take care of em. Then use them up and on to the next one." "We're the total opposite. He is the one taking care of me. I'm still getting use to it. I fight him a lot about gifts or paying for things. He's honestly a great guy. Sweet, caring, very family oriented, hard working." "Well I take it we are meeting this weekend?" "Yes ma'am and Gio please be nice." That's one thing about my big brother he's going to fight for and protect me. I had to beg him not to kill Thomas, even when he deserved it. Looking at the picture it was when we went to Corey's birthday party. I'm smiling hard as hell while he's kissing my cheek. To have someone in my life again is refreshing. We can go out or stay inside and enjoy each other's company. Which I love with my big bear.

"What's on your mind, gorgeous?" "I'm just happy. Honestly, I haven't felt like this in long time. Thank you." We came to a red light. He grabbed my hand leaning over giving me a kiss. "I'll keep saying you deserve the world and I'll give it to you. Even if it takes all my life. I love you." I smiled before kissing him again. "I love you too." Horns honked bringing us back. "Aight man, keep yo draws on. Probably streaked like hell anyway."

After that little scene we arrived at Cassie's restaurant. "Hey, you guys here yet?" "Yeah, we just pulled up." "Okay. I see y'all. We just pulled in." I let them use my truck so they don't have to worry about renting a car. "Why don't they stay with you?" "I don't have a pool. The hotel has indoor and outdoor pools. Avery said I love you Auntie but the pool is better." He laughed. "I got it babe." He said before coming around and opening the door. Did I forget to mention he is a gentleman. "Thank you." He walked a little behind me. "Auntie, you got to come swimming with us." "Please daddy's no fun." "I will see about tomorrow, okay?" Robin hugged me to whisper. "Girl, he is fine." Gio cleared his throat. "Babe, this is my brother Giovanni and sister-in-law Robin. My babies Gina and Avery and my mother Sandra. Guys, this is Marcus." They said their hellos. "It's nice to meet y'all and Happy Birthday, Mrs. Banks." "Thank you, dear." Gio shook his hand looking him over. "What's up?" "Can't call it." The hostess came to greet us.