Chapter Five

A few weeks later

Marcus

"Good Morning Cam. Mr. Stewart." She said a little more friendly. "Ms. Jacobs. Aight lil man. Your mama is picking you up, okay?" "Okay." He said his head never leaving the floor, lip poked out. "Come on, Cam." Cameron is my nephew, he's three years old. I watched him for the week while Mel went out of town. His father, if you would call him that, bailed on Melody two weeks before Cam was born. As his uncle, I took that male figure role. Since he's been able to be away from Mel, he's been with me. Like clockwork I get him on my days off, hell sometimes, just because. Even when Mel says don't worry about something he needs, I'm already three steps ahead. I already have it or it's on the way. It's important to me to make sure he wants for nothing.

"What's wrong, man?" "I don't wanna go with mama." "I know man but you don't like being here with your friends? You said you miss her?" "Yes sir, but I like being with you. It's more fun." "I'll be back next weekend to pick you up. We'll even go to the jumping place you like, but you have be good for Ms. Jacobs and your mama, Deal?" "Deal." "My man, give me some." He bumped his little fist against mine before giving me a hug. "I love you, Uncle Marc." "I love you too, man. Go on in, have a good day."

"You're really good with him, ya know? Not even most of the fathers here treat their kids like that. It's nice to see a real man for once. It's attractive." Yeah she's definitely flirting. She's not a bad looking woman at all. "Well, thank you. Family is everything to me. I better be getting to work. You have a nice one, Ms. Jacobs." "You do the same, Mr. Stewart." No sir. I will not fall into the temptation before me.

There's only one track I'm on. She'd been on my mind heavy since the club. That night replays in my dreams sometimes. I don't know what it is but something about her continues to draw me in. Of course we would only see each other only in passing. You'd think a guy like me would just go for it, but I was too nervous.

For three days it was like we were synced. We arrived at the same time and left at the same time. It was like Bobby V's Slow Down was playing every time. Our parking spots are in the same section. One row, three spaces. It also gave me the chance to check out her ride. Ms. Lady likes her toys loud and fast, too. A beautiful cinnamon stick colored SRT Charger. After that second day of watching her leave I finally got it together to at least ask for her number.

~Flash back~

"Hey Shannon, can I talk to you for a second? I jogged to catch up to her. How does someone make basic scrubs look good. Wait, have I said that already. "Yes sir." For a second I couldn't form a word. "I don't know if this is a higher power or what, but I was wondering if I could have your number? Maybe call you sometime?"

She giggled a little and smiled. "Although you are a very sweet guy, I think I'm too old for you." "How about you let me decide that. All I see is a beautiful woman I'd love to take out." She stood looking me over, crossing her arms. "Let me see your phone." Outside I was playing it cool but inside I'm jumping, flipping, shouting. You name it.

~Flashback Over~

Since that day we've been on this little teenager/high school phone game. Talking till the early morning, even when we have to get up for work, falling asleep on the phone. During this time I've learned some things about her like where she's from, her favorite things. What made her want to be a nurse. I'm enjoying this and can't let any hurdles come up.

Shannon

"Okay, this should be the last one." I'm up early on my day off of course working. I just like to finish or at least start part of my work, when I'm off, to not have as much when I go back in. My phone ringing brought me out of concentration.

"It's a little early for you, is it not?" "I was going to ask you the same thing, Ms. lady." "I'm just doing a little work so I don't have to worry about it later." "That's what's up." "You still didn't answer my question, sir." "Just dropped my nephew off, heading to the gym for a little bit. Why am I staring at the ceiling when I called to see you?" "I don't have any makeup on ." "Okay and your point would be? Acting like I haven't seen your fresh face before." I smirked , rolling my eyes before propping the phone up.

"Now I can start the day off right. Good morning, beautiful." "Good morning, Marcus." "Doing all that when you know you are gorgeous woman." "Whatever, are we still on for tonight?" "Yes ma'am. I'll see you at 7:30. Okay?" "Okay, have a good day." "It will be great once I see you in person. You have one as well, though." This boy is always talking so smooth. "Bye, Marcus." "Later, gorgeous." I couldn't help the smile etched on my face before groaning aloud. "What are you doing, girl? He is almost ten years younger than you." I don't even know how we got here. We talk everyday, we've gone out a few times and it has been surprisingly good. To say that I didn't think of that night, I would be lying. It was about a week before he asked for my number. We were on a date three days later. I'm always nervous but he just makes me more nervous. Like he can see me inside and out.

After finishing the little bit of work, I went through the day doing my usual cleaning and straightening up around the house. The whole time I'm thinking about what this man, who could have someone his age, wants with me. He's very handsome, young, family oriented, financially smart and stable. All the things that would make any girl flock to him. Yet, his interest is in me.

By 5:30 I was upstairs trying to find something to wear and get ready. Not too sexy but not covered up either. 7:25 I heard the doorbell ring. He's early, I like that. I opened the door as he stared at me for a moment. "Marcus?" He snapped out of it. "Good evening." His accent switched real quick. "Damn woman, why are you so fine? Whoo whee, can I get a spin really quick?" Great, now I'm blushing like a teenager. "Stop." "I am one lucky man tonight. These are for you." Tulips, My favorite flowers.

He held the door open, helping me in, before going over to the driver side. The drive was quiet besides the R&B music playing, lowly. It wasn't tense, more like nerves. "So, where are we going?" "Storico Fresco. I remember you saying you loved Italian and have tried many with average results. So maybe we both could try this one and get the Banks' approval." We looked at one another, me in disbelief, him with genuineness. "You are something else, you know that?" "Nah, just a good listener."

It was a beautiful little place with a homey vibe. You might actually miss it, if you're not paying attention. "Ah Marcus, my boy." "Mr. Romano, good to see ya. This is Shannon." "Nice to meet you." "Ah bellissima, welcome. I have your table ready." Marcus pulled out my chair before sitting across from me. Mr. Romano left the menus, saying he would bring out his best wine. "How did you find this place?" "I use to be one of the busboys in college. A quaint, little hole in the wall with the best food in Charlotte."  And he was not lying. From the Eggplant Parmigiana down to the Hazelnut torta, I was in love. Sharing laughs and dishes, learning about one another. It was great. He's very sweet and a gentleman. Like a gentle giant. "This was fun and I loved it." "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. As long as that smile is there, I'm happy." "I did, very much so." We stopped in front of my door.  "Well, even though I am very much enjoying your company. I guess this is goodnight." "The night doesn't have to end on the doorstep." I unlocked the door before grabbing his hand. "Come on."

~~~~~~~~~

Hey Hey Hey, it's Faaaat Al- let me stop.
What's up, y'all. Here we are again and right before Christmas. Just going to keep it short and sweet. Shannon and Marcus have finally gone out. These two keep playing like they are not feeling each other. Mainly Shannon.

Did y'all peep the Pre-K teacher try to flirt? Lady, you are  supposed to be teaching the children not bang the parents. Just kidding.

Annnyyyywho. Tell me what you guys think.
Leave me your thoughts in the comments. Suggestions. Vote, Share and Don't forget to add this book to your library to know when a new chapter is uploaded. Appreciate you guys.

-Domenic