Chapter Twenty-One

Marcus

"Cam let's have a talk real quick." We walked in the living room and sat down. "Be honest, okay? Do you like Ms. Shannon?" "Yes sir. She's really pretty and nice." "How would you feel if we got married?" "What's that?" "Ms. Shannon would be my wife, I'd be her husband and she would be your auntie." "I already thought she was my auntie. I call her TiTi." I couldn't help but laugh. "She is, this would just make it official." "Okay." "You're good with it?" "Yes sir." "I'm going to need your help in the wedding,okay?" "Okay." "My man!" We did our little handshake. "I love you man." "I Love you too." "Alright, I gotta head out but don't say anything to anybody. It's a secret." "Shh don't tell nobody." (Just like on The Wayans Bros.)

Since the final judgement Cam has been back with his mother. With that bump out of the way everything feels like it's coming together. Last year at this time things went  south and, this plan went out the window. Finally, it's going the way it should.

I headed to Lindsey's parking and headed towards the back. I spotted them laughing and gossiping most likely. "Ladies! How are you?" "Good." They said in unison. "First, I'd like to thank you all for taking time out to meet. I know y'all are wondering why I called this meeting." "I have a hair appointment in an hour and Sheila will let somebody cut in front of you." Nadia said.

"Getting straight to the point, I need y'all to help me plan a proposal. I want to make sure it's perfect." It was silent for a minute before they all went off. "WHAT!!" "OOOOUUUU!!!" "Alright, alright. Calm down." I apologized to the customers around us. "Do you have a ring picked out already?" "I do. It's locked up where I know she'll never look." We went over the plan with them all saying they will handle certain things. I planned a getaway to Jamaica. We're heading down first, then the family will come three days afterwards for the proposal. She deserves this and much more.

Shannon

Three days of shopping, exploring, eating and relaxing. This vacation was last minute and well worth it. Things have picked up in our lives, both personally and professionally. For some out of the blue reason, we decided to challenge each other to go back to school. He gets his bachelor's degree and I get my master's degree. We work, come home and start school work. Take turns on dinner, help each other study.

There have been many nights we've struggled. Being overwhelmed and frustrated got us in a few arguments but we always talked about it. Tried to never go to sleep angry. Which is why this was very much needed. No work, no school, no distractions.

Today was a rest day. We have literally been going since we got here. Though, it has been an amazing time with my bear.
Currently, we're getting one of the best massages on the beach. This is something you can only dream about or see in a movie. "What's the plan after this,baby?" "Let's just head back to the villa and take a nap. I'm this close to passing out." I said laughing. "You ain't lying about that. I'm all loose and shit. Feeling good." "You still haven't told me what to wear tonight?" "Dressy casual. Either way you're still going to be beautiful."

After that we went back and took a much needed nap. Waking up feeling so refreshed we got ready for dinner. I decided to wear a red off the shoulder top with the matching red and blue floral skirt. The slit just enough to show off the rose tattoo on my calf with LV red bottoms. Marcus matched with a red and blue floral shirt with blue shorts, midnight blue retro Jordans and fedora.

"Bear, can you take my picture?" He stood there taking the pictures before bending down and "directing" me. "Damn woman you are so fine. Had to get all the angles." "You are so silly. Thank you, baby."

Of course this man went all out for this dinner. I don't know what he has up his sleeve but I'm loving it so far. We ordered and conversed about this whole trip so far. Our server made a last check in with us before leaving us to it. The meal, the moonlight, the candles and flowers setting a mood. We were in our own bubble. Even when we weren't talking the energy was still filled with so much love and admiration for each other. 

Finishing my wine I watched Marcus walk over to the speaker changing the song to match the vibe. The beat started as he reached out his hand. "Care to dance?" "I'd love to." Make The Most by Lonr ft. H.E.R played as we swayed side to side. Our eyes never leaving each other's.

Lookin' at your smile
Starin' in your eyes, I could stay a while
Feelin' is vibe
We pick up like we never even lost time
I could do this for days
I would run a thousand miles for you
I could do this many ways
But I'ma fall fast and dive with you

He leaned down connecting our foreheads as we took in this moment. To God, I thank you for sending me this loving, patient and understanding man.

Wanna chase that, goin' crazy
I'm like, "Oh my", but I'm laid back
Gotta save that, time to face facts
If you love me, girl, just say that

I don't wanna leave your mind to wander
I'll surround you, make you feel sure
Got desire to make this right
'Cause every single night I wanna feel your soul

I wanna grow old with you, make the most with you
That's the goal
I wanna grow old with you, make the most with you

He leaned down further near my ear. "Just to be near you in this moment is something I'll cherish because, you are just perfect to me. You deserve the world, happiness, any and, everything  you desire. I'll try the rest of my life to make sure you have it. I want you to see the beautiful Queen you are. Be your partner and best friend through any and everything. You have shown and given me so much joy and love. The most kind hearted, patient woman any man would be lucky to have. You give so much of yourself to others and it's so admirable. I know I can not live without you in my life." I had an inkling where this was going but didn't want to believe it.

I wanna grow old with you, make the most with you. That's goal.

"Make sure I do this right." He said getting down on one knee never letting my hand go. I giggled. "Shannon Elizabeth Banks, will you marry me?" Opening the black box to reveal the most beautiful ring ever. "Oh my god!" I started crying like a big baby. "Yes baby, of course!" He slid the ring on my finger before kissing it and me. "I love you." "I love you, too." Next thing I hear is cheers and claps. I look to see our family and friends. "CONGRATULATIONS!!"

The girls ran over with their phones out recording. "Let's see it girl!!" "Yasss." "Issa Wife!" "Y'all knew didn't you?" "We may or may not have knowledge of this." We talked a few more minutes before I spotted my mom. "Congratulations, baby." "Thank you, mommy." "I am so happy to see you smiling and glowing again. You're happiness is shining through." Even Gio, Robin and my babies were here.

"Alright y'all, gather around." Champagne glasses were handed out as Marcus made his way back to me. "To the future Mr. and Mrs. Stewart!" Gio says lifting his glass. "Cheers!"

After a few more congratulations and pictures, we made our way back to the villa. "I love my ring babe. It's beautiful." I couldn't stop admiring it. It's most definitely an upgrade from the first husband. "I'm glad you like it, baby. Queens only get the best." "Well..how bout I show you how thankful I am." I said giving him the look, grabbing his hand. "It's like that?" "Better get to the room before I do." He took off running, making me laugh. This has been one of the best days of my life. I'm blessed beyond words.

~~~~~~~> FTLOY <~~~~~~~

What's up my people it has been a looong time and your boy finally updated. Keeping it short and sweet , let's get to the most obvious.

THEY'RE ENGAGED!! It's been a long time coming after exes coming back, a brief breakup and family drama. Our favs have finally gotten it together.

But will the journey to marriage be all sweet or will something(or someone) once again come in between them.

Anyway there isn't a permanent schedule for updates. So, leave me your thoughts in the comments. Suggestions! Vote, Share and Don't forget to add this book to your library to know when a new chapter is uploaded. Appreciate you guys.

-Domenic