{12}

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

After Valeria brought Kol back all she wanted to do was go back home and rest. The magic and the spell had worn her completely down. Of course her stubborn self tried to hide it saying she was fine but anyone in the room could tell she was about to pass out. She tried convincing everyone she was fine so she could spend time with Kol but he didn't allow it. He took her back to the compound along with the others and put her to rest even with her constant fussing that she didn't need to rest.

She just didn't want to commit the same mistake she did last time. This time she had brought him back out of luck; it wasn't something she could do again. Valeria just wanted to finally be with Kol after everything they had been through this past year. There's obviously trust that needed to be built between them again after everything that happened. Valeria didn't want to let Esther win by driving them apart but there were also things Kol did on his own.

Esther's words also went through her mind countless times. Maybe it was her fault. The love she had for Klaus was going to be the end of Kol and her as much as she hated to admit it. It's why she had to let him go. After all these years of sticking by his side it was time for her to build a life of her own. Being the leader of the gemini coven was a start to that goal. She would have to convince Kol for him to settle down close to mystic falls but she knew eventually he would give in. There was nowhere else he wished to be but by her side.

It was the next day and Valeria rested next to Kol who watched her sleep. The only way he even got the girl to shut her eyes was by telling her he would be right by her side when she woke up. After all the back and forth she finally fell asleep. She was passed out the whole night while Kol held onto her. He was finally happy having the luckiness of having her by his side like old times. It was cruel to watch her all this time being hurt by no one else but him. He felt so ashamed all he ever wanted was for the girl to be happy and she finally was.

He was currently pushing her hair aside while she laid on his chest. Eventually the girl began to open her eyes immediately she touched around trying to figure out where she was. As soon as she felt Kol you could feel the relief that came to her. Kol smiled and brought her closer in.

"You're here" Valeria said with a low voice trying to regain full consciousness.

"Of course darling I promised I would be here when you woke up" Kol replied, placing a kiss on the girl's head. Valeria got closer to him taking in from the moment where it was just him and her.

She wanted to enjoy it for now before she even brought up Mystic Falls and all the other topics they had to discuss. She just wanted a moment with him without anything in the way. It obviously couldn't be long. She had to get on the road as soon as possible to go home and check if Bonnie had made it back. Something in her told her she did but she had to make sure herself. She took a breath in and decided to speak.