v. a spark of light

╭ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╮

v.

a spark of light

╰ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╯

disclaimer: i'm not a medical professional. so sorry if some descriptions seem off. just go with it for the sake of the story. 

•••

"Well, did you guys get the droid?" Wrecker asked.

Tech and Echo just glared at him in response.

"Does it look like we did," Hunter said, showing him his empty hands.

"No," he muttered.

"There's your answer."

"We got caught by troopers so we just left," Echo said. "We didn't want to risk anything."

"How's Omega?" Hunter asked.

"She still isn't out of a coma," Wrecker said.

Echo rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Yeah, no shit."

Hunter looked back at Omega worryingly. "I'm sure what Wrecker was trying to say was, isn't it a little long? Forgive me but it is a few gun wounds. It's been a week."

Tech sighed. "Wrecker is right, for the first and the last time. I'll be the first one out of us to say this, but I don't think it's just the wounds. There's probably something else making whatever injury she has worse, or even worse, it could be something totally different."

Hunter sighed, and went to grab the bottle that Cid gave him.

"Nope, you're not drinking anymore today," Echo said, taking the bottle.

"Why not?"

"Look Hunter. You've been drinking a lot lately, and I'm not going to just sit here and watch you become an alcoholic," he said. "I understand we're all worried about Omega right now, but you can't just drink your problems away. That's not how it works."

"Let's just get back to Ord Mantell, and get another job to do, since getting tactical droids clearly isn't working," Hunter said, ignoring Echo.

"Did you not hear a word that I just said-"

"That's the best option for all of us. We desperately need credits, especially since we're out of rations again," Hunter continued, still ignoring Echo.

"Great, now I'm starving!" Wrecker said.

"You said that last time we ran out of rations. You'll survive," Tech said, as the ship came out of hyperspace. "Look, we're already here."

Tech safely landed the ship in the spaceport, and they started to head over to Cid's, which wasn't too far from the spaceport, but they still had to be careful, since bounty hunters could be looking for them.

"Hey Hunter, could I have those credits?" Wrecker asked. "I'm going to go buy some mantell mix."

"Oh yeah, sure," Hunter replied, tossing him the credits. "Just don't get too much. We're already in a shitload of debt, and have failed three missions in a row."

"I'll just get the usual," Wrecker said, walking away from the group, as the other three entered the bar.

"Look who's back with no droid again," Cid said, coming from her office.