xvi. opposite sides

╭ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╮

xvi.

opposite sides

╰ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╯

•••

"Who knew it would be a couple of clones that would bring us back together."

"Yeah," Ahsoka said, sitting down on one of the old chairs. "Who knew."

"So what have you been up to after the war?" Lux said, sitting next to her.

"That's quite the conversation starter."

"Want me to go first?"

"No, it's fine," Ahsoka said, sighing. "I've been hiding from the empire essentially. I'm practically on their 'kill immediately' list. I've been working on a farm under a new name. It's been calm lately, but sometimes it's difficult. How about you?"

"I've kept my position as a senator. Not really much else has happened. You know, other than Onderon being invaded."

"So you work for the empire?"

"I didn't say that."

"Good. I was worried you made a stupid decision again."

They sat there in silence for what seemed like ages, but was really just a couple minutes. Eventually, Ahsoka stood up, and started walking to the door, back towards the others.

"Wait-" Lux said. He stood up, and walked towards her, until they were close to each other, facing each other.

"You weren't done?" Ahsoka asked, whispering.

"No, well yes, but no. I don't really know."

Ahsoka laughed a little. "I missed you, Lux."

"I missed you too."

She leaned in carefully, taking his right hand into her left hand. They both felt the atmosphere around them disappear. In that moment it was only them in the pale moonlight.

"Please don't get mad at me for this," she whispered. She gently pressed her lips against his, softly and tenderly, raising her hand to his cheek. He pulled her in by her waist, bringing her up to her tiptoes. She let go of his hand, and ran her hand through his hair. They were making up for all the years spent apart, unknowing of where the other was, if they were anywhere at all.

When they parted, their foreheads remained pressed together for a few moments, their eyes still closed, before Ahsoka let go and threw her arms around his neck, burying her face into his shoulder.

"I missed you. I missed you so much. I didn't know what happened to you after Onderon. I thought you died."

"I'm right here," Lux said, hugging her back. "I missed you too."

She lifted her head, looked up at him, her eyes glossed over from tears.

"Hey, don't cry," Lux said, wiping a single tear that streamed down her cheek with his thumb, tears starting to form in his eyes too.

"I could tell you the same thing."

He wiped his eyes, hiding his tears from her. She let go of him, and sighed.

"It was good to see you again Lux," Ahsoka said, starting to walk out of the room, and back to the area where the others were.

"Wait, I have something I need to tell you-"