x. order 66

╭ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╮

x.

order 66

╰ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╯

tw: alcoholism, suicide, depression, ptsd, violence, war flashbacks

italics is used for flashbacks in this chapter.

disclaimer: i'm not a medical professional. so i'm sorry i'm advance if some descriptions seem off. just go with it for the sake of the story. 

 •••

"Hold your position. If they try to leave, they'll have to go through us," Rex overheard Jesse say to his squad of troops. Him and Ahsoka were hiding in the control room, hoping not to be seen.

"So what do we do? Find our way to the shuttle?"

"They're too many. Besides, I don't want to hurt them."

"I hate to tell you this, but they don't care! This ship is going down, and those soldiers, my brothers, are willing to die, and take you and me along with them."

Ahsoka walked up to him, and removed his helmet, seeing tears stream down his face.

"You're a good soldier, Rex. So is every one of those men down there. They may be willing to die, but I am not the one who is going to kill them."

"So we're just going to surrender? Admit defeat, is that it?"

"No."

"Well I don't see any other option."

They figured out a plan, and went down to the main hangar, coming through the main entrance, seeing Jesse and the rest of the troops waiting for them.

"Hang on, we have Tano and the Commander. Send all remaining troops to my position," Jesse said into his comm link. All other troopers went into armed positions. Rex walked behind Ahsoka, holding a gun to her head, as she held her hands behind her head.

"I said hold your fire, Jesse. I have the situation under control," Rex said, continuing to walk closer to Jesse and the battalion of troopers that lay ahead of them on the landing dock of the star cruiser.

"You have your order, sir," Jesse continued. "Now execute it, or I will."

Rex and Ahsoka stopped walking towards the other troopers, and Rex put his gun down. "The order was to execute the Jedi for treason against the Republic. The problem is, Ahsoka Tano is no longer a Jedi. Hasn't been for some time."

Jesse lowered his guns. "Sir. You said yourself. We're under special orders from Darth Sidious to eliminate Ahsoka Tano, and any other clone that disobeys order 66."

"Just keep them talking," Ahsoka whispered to Rex. "A little bit longer."

"Jesse! Jesse, listen to me!" Rex shouted. "We've known each other a long time, if we don't get this right, we will be the ones committing treason, not her."

The blaring alarm filled the silence between the clones. Jesse thought for a moment what he should do, but instead decided to raise his guns again.

"Commander Rex, you're in violation of Order 66. I accuse you of treason against the Grand Army of the Republic. You'll be demoted in rank from Commander and subject to execution along with the traitor, Ahsoka Tano."