17

I finally get home from the school. I have tear stains all over my face. I get out of my car and as I walk up to my driveway, I see Klaus sitting on my front porch.

"What are you doing here?"

"did you really think i wouldn't comfort you when I found out that Alaric is dying? I'm not that evil."

He gives me a hug. All of my bottled up feelings just came pouring out uncontrollably. I just let it all out.

ok, so here's the thing. When someone in my life dies, i don't have the best coping mechanism. For example, when my parents died, I got no sleep for 2 weeks. When my aunt Jenna died, i got no sleep for a week. I'll be productive, but i just won't get sleep.

I was up all night. Crying and thinking, what if there was a way to save Alaric. I get out of my room, make some coffee. Nobody was up yet, but i hear my door open.

"Evie? why are you up?" "coping, what's up." I say. I also use humor as a coping mechanism. "Bonnie, came over, i think she was sleep walking. Anyways, she got to Alaric, he's a vampire."

"What? That isn't good. He will be Evil Alaric."

"I know, just stay alert." Damon says. "i know Damon. wait why did you come here, you know none of us wouldn't be up."

"I remembers the last time to coped to death. You stay up, cry, think, get up, repeat." I nod, agreeing with every word he just said. "I know how close you were with him, i mean you guys are—" Damon interrupted me. "I know Evie."

it's now morning, like the sun is out now. Stefan, Elena are downstairs with me and Damon. Elena and Jeremy are painting a room, i don't know why though.

Caroline is at the school, for clean up committee. She would usually make me do it with her, but she didn't because of last night.

Bonnie comes walking in. "oh bonnie." I say. I bet witches made her, i wouldn't be surprised. Bonnie wouldn't turn Alaric, it was Esther when she was alive.

"I thought you were standing guard?" Stefan says to Damon. "don't blame me! blame Bonnie the blood bank. she fed him."

"I had no idea what was happening. Ok, the witches lex me there. They wanted him to feed so he'd turn."

"so where's the stake now?" I ask. "Oh you mean the white oak one? The one that can kill an original and wipe out an entire line of vampires? We- don't- know..."

"if you're so upset with me why did you feed me your blood yo save my life?" Bonnie says.

"Because i do stupid things, Bonnie! i do things, like let my friend die with dignity when i should have just killed him."

"how do we kill him..." They all look over to me. They were surprise to hear me say that, but he's bad, their lives depend on his death.

"A witch can't truly make an immortal creature. There's always a way to undo a spell."

"So like a loophole?" I ask her, she nods agreeing to what i said.

I go to check on Elena, but she's not there. "Elena?" I get a phone call.

"where's Elena?" I asked Alaric.

"She should be at the school, where i have Caroline, and if you don't come, i'll kill her." He hands up, leaving me no choice but to go.

I get to the school. I quickly get to Alarics classroom. "right on time." I walk into Elena sitting at a desk, and caroline with vervain in her mouth and on her hands. "i came, now let her go." I demand