33

Stefan drops me off at Klaus'. I walk in and see Klaus painting, the usual. He turns his head and sees me. "is everything ok?" He asks.

"No. um— Jeremy died and long story short, Elena burned down our house, and i have nowhere else to go." I say. Klaus comes by me and comforts me, which finally makes me break down. "You can stay here for however long you want love."

It has been a couple of days. I've stayed at Klaus' the whole time. He has been helping me a lot, but i'm still not doing good. I also haven't talked to Damon or Elena. But, i have talked to Caroline and Stefan. They have been helping me too. Also yesterday Hayley texted me how she's in trouble so she's staying with me and Klaus, since she did make a deal with Katherine and is in trouble.

Damon walks in, he's the last face i want to see. He made Elena turn off her humanity. "Here's a list called  things you suck at. Number one, finding Katherine, ever. Number two, covering up your secret phone conversations with that little backstabber Hayley. So where is she, and what does she know about Katherine?" Damon says to Klaus.

"Can't help you Damon, Hayley is off limits." I tell him, interrupting their conversation. "Now you live here and side with them?"

"Yes i live here for now, and i'm siding with people who don't abandon me." I say. Damon didn't even try to talk to me after, even if i'm mad at him.

"So you're rested, fed. Now tell me about Katerina." Klaus demands from Hayley. "Where is she?"

"You seriously think i know?" She says. Klaus goes to yelling. "Klaus." I say and sigh. "Ok, Hayley, what did she promise you and we can go from there." i ask.

"I was in New Orleans trying to find information about my real parents. Katherine found me and told me she could help."

"An orphan?" Klaus says. "Klaus, don't make fun, i'm an orphan too." I say, Hayley laughing. Klaus rolls his eyes, not meanly and walks away. "You know, it's good he has you, he would've probably killed me if you weren't here." She says and we both laugh. "The vampire is dead, you're free to go." Klaus says, coming back in.

Hayley hugs me, her back facing Klaus'. I see Klaus' eyebrows furrowed. "What's on your back?" He says.

"It's a birthmark. people have those."

"In my lifetimes, i've only seen that mark on a handful of others, all from the same bloodline— a werewolf clan that once thrived throughout much of what we now call Louisiana."

"New Orleans?" I say.  He nods. "Well Evie, hope to see you soon, and thank you for letting me stay here. I owe you one." Hayley says while leaving.

"Thank God she's gone, She totally has a little crush on me."

"You saw it too?" I said. Hayley would look at Klaus weirdly, but i just didn't say anything. "You know i have eyes for only one person."

I giggle. "I know." I say as he starts kissing me, but i hear talking outside. "Wait— what's that noise?" I ask. "What noise?" Klaus asks. "It may have been nothing then." I say, as I start to kiss him again...

HEY GUYS!! sorry this is so short, didn't really know what to write, but i think you know where i'm heading with this. That's all i'm going to say, don't want to spoil anything