23

Klaus has been in Italy for a couple of days now. Conner, the hunter has escaped though. I've been staying in my house, doing nothing. Lately i'm either at Damon's or at Klaus' so staying home has been amazing.

I was talking to Elena, trying to cheer her up about Rebekah being Daggered and Damon walks in. "Where's Stefan?"

"ok, good morning to you too." I say, madly.

"He's not answering his phone and here's not here, which, you know, big deal, we've only got a killer vampire hunter on the loose"

"I haven't talked to him yet today." Elena says. "Neither have I." I add.

"hmm. Give me your phone. Maybe he's dodging me." Damon says to Elena. "Why would he be dodging you?" Elena says.

"oh, i don't know, maybe the hot, sweaty, dance party business? i figured you spilled your guilt little guts to him when i left last night?"

"ohhhh— you didn't tell him did you?"

"No Damon, i didn't tell him that i got high on blood like some crack head and dirty danced with you.. It was a mistake, ok? i wasn't... myself."

"You guys dirty danced at a frat party?" I say, surprised Elena would do that. "Shut up Evie, you aren't apart of this."

Damon calls Stefan off of Elena's phone, but it goes straight to voice mail. Damon snatches my phone out of my hand. "What the hell Damon!" I yell at him. " You we're with him the other day, worth a shot."

He calls Stefan on my phone now, but it also goes straight to voicemail

"So he's either dodging all of us...—"

"or something wrong." Elena says, interrupting Damon.

We all get a message from Jeremy. The message said the hunter is at mystic grille with hostages, and that they will all die at sundown.

"So we each take a different entrance, hit him at the same time." Damon says, trying to form a plan.

"Stefan! Where the hell have you been?" Elena asks Stefan. "coming up with a plan."

"Yeah, we have a plan. The plan is i'm going to rip Conner's heart out and i'm going to feed it to him." Damon says, mad at Stefan.

"That's not a plan. We need to be careful, Conner had Jeremy and who knows how many other hostages."

"Hence the open heart surgery..." Damon says, which made me laugh a little bit. "Damon's right. Conner's strong, but he's not going to be able to take all of us."

"I called in the hybrids to help, too." Tyler says. "Including your friend Hayley?" I say, but in a mean tone. "She's not a hybrid... What's your problem."

"I like her, it's that she just states the truth, and the fact that you called me a back stabbing bitch!" I yelled at him. "Well you are Evie."

"No she's not, Tyler stop causing drama nobody needs right now, she's has never back stabbed us. Yes, she's with Klaus, but since then, she's pick us over him. If we were hurt, she would stick up for us, not Klaus." Caroline says.

"And my mom put squad cars blocking the streets. They're saying it's a faulty fad main. we're good to go." Caroline adds.

"What am i doing?" I ask. "Nothing, you're staying here, the last time you were in the same room as Conner you almost died. and you're human."

"Damon, my brother is in danger i'm going."

"Nope, besides, you can get along with Tyler's friend, if you know what i mean." I laugh, knowing exactly what he means.

Stefan and Damon keep fighting back and forth. And i zone off. Believe it or not, me and Tyler use to have a good friendship. It use to be one of my best. We were so close, but then he became his hybrid self, and we got further away, and now there's no friendship at all

They all go to the school while I stay behind

Im sitting on the couch and Hayley walks in. "you're still here?" Hayley says, but not in a mean way.

"Yes, Damon won't let me help them save my own brother, so i'm here."

"Tyler wouldn't help me either, it's like they think they control us. abut they don't!" She says.

"I know! If Klaus was here, he would let me be involved... maybe" I say, and we both laugh.

"You know, from Tyler's description i thought you would be a big bitch, but you are probably the nicest person i know." I knew i would like the Hayley girl.

"At first i didn't really like you. But you were very honest, which i need a friend like that."

"What happened with your friends?" She asks me.

"Well when they killed Klaus, they celebrated in my house while i was there."

"ouch..." She says.

We kept talking and talking. And i realized we are more similar than i thought.

I get a call from Damon saying to come to his house. I rushed over there, thinking Elena's in trouble since i've been at Tyler's all day.

"Is everything ok?" I ask

"ummm." Damon says

"Spill..."

"So Elena killed the hunter and is full of anger and guilt."

"What! Damon! You were suppose to prevent her from that. She's falling apart! I bet if i was there—"

"You would've made it worse, you are Human, would've been one more person to protect or get hurt."

"I can protect myself. I proven myself plenty of times that i can protect myself, it's so annoying that you baby me!"

"I don't baby you Evie..."

"yeah you do." Stefan chimes in.

"... So why did you call me over here again?"

"You need to watch out for Elena."

"I know Damon, i've been for the past couple of days, ok i'm leaving now..." I say, rolling my eyes.