24

I went home. But i couldn't fall asleep. I was so worried for Elena, i stayed up in case anything went bad. I called Klaus since he left Italy, but he will be home in a couple of hours

"Are you ok Evie?" He says, worried because i'm up so late.

"Yes, i can't fall asleep, i'm worried about Elena..." I say. "When are you going to be back in Mystic Falls?"

"Miss me that much?"

I laugh. "Yes, it's been days since i've seen you."

"I'll back back in like an hour or two."

"I just wish i would just sleep." I say, then i sigh. "Make some tea, it helps..." I nod, even though he can't see that i'm nodding.

I go downstairs and make some tea. I hear footsteps and it's Elena. I wave but she doesn't acknowledge me, even though she's looking right at me.

"Hold on— I put you on speaker." I tell Klaus. She keeps looking at me, weirdly. "Elena?" I say.

"Is there something wrong Evie?" Klaus says from my phone. I ignore him for now. I see Elena struggling, but it looks like she's struggling with air. "Elena?"I start walking up to her but She stabs me with a knife. I grunt in pain, knowing i'm losing a lot of blood.

"Oh my god! oh! Evie! Evie!" Elena screams. I don't have a Gilbert ring like my brother, so she has to take me to the hospital.

I wake up in the hospital and the sun is out. I see not my sister, or Stefan, or Damon. But Klaus. "What happened?" I asked, still confused on everything. "Your sister stabbed you on accident, apparently..." He said.

"I feel so— lightheaded."

"well you lost a lot of blood, love. You need to rest for an hour, then i can take you home."

Klaus goes to sit on the chair. "You don't have to stay Klaus." I tell him, knowing he has stuff to do today.

"Evie, I'm not leaving your side."

I finally got out of the hospital. We headed to Tyler's, apparently Klaus needed to go there, but idk why. I've been keeping in chat with Hayley, so she knows he's back in town.

Me and Klaus walk into Tyler's house. "Well, don't let me interrupt." Klaus says.

"I didn't know you were here..." Tyler tells Klaus. "clearly..."

"mmm. thought i'd just pop around to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet when i arrived, i learned that not only was Dean unsuccessful, But that Elena killed the hunter, and not in a good way." Klaus looks at me. Yeah, he found out when Elena stabbed me.

"Well, maybe if you had let Dean use force on Conner instead of sending him on a suicide mission..." Hayley says.

"Maybe you should kind your business, Wolf girl."

"Klaus, stop..." I say, siding with Hayley, who Klaus calls the Wolf girl.

"What do you care if Conner's dead, anyway?" Tyler asks Klaus.

"I have my reasons... They have ceased to matter."

We hear a knock on the door, and it is Caroline. She comes in, holding a box of random stuff in it. Tyler goes and gets the door.

"Brought your stuff. Old laptop, your jersey, the charm bracelet." Caroline tells Tyler.

"Caroline..." Klaus says. "By the break-up drama unfolding before me, I assume you've met Hayley?"