22-

3rd person narrative----

Jimin couldn't process it.

His parents were dead. The only people who gave him parental love were dead. He shook his head; he couldn't believe it.

"No," he mumbled. "No, no, no, this can't be happening," he muttered and tugged at his hair.

How was he going to tell Amin?

Tears fell out of his eyes and for the first time, Jimin felt pain. He felt what pain meant. But it was an odd feeling for him; his chest hurt and so did his dead heart.

He had grown to love those two people who had welcomed him to their home a few days ago. He had grown to love the feeling of having parental affection.

But now, he had lost that.

And it hurt him.

Wiping his tears, he took a shaky breath and made his way to where he had last left Amin.

Even though the talk with the officer and his walk back took barely five minutes, it still felt like an eternity. Jimin felt slow.

Being a vampire meant he could usually move anywhere in just a blink of an eye. But his body was too numb and too shocked to even take a step.

Finally after what seemed like a millennia, but was just a minute, he reached to the place where Amin stood.

"Jimin," she spoke his name as she saw him coming back. She ran to him and held his shoulders. "What happened? What did the officer say? They're going back, right?" she bombarded him with questions as he looked into her eyes.

How could he tell her? She would break.

"Jimin?" But all he could do was stare into those eyes that he always found himself lost in. "Jimin?" she asked again and shook his shoulder. Panic was now written all over her face.

"Amin," he spoke in a whisper. She didn't wait patiently this time like she always did; instead, she shook him and asked him what these people were doing and where her parents were.

"They- Amin, they were murdered. They're.....dead," he said in a dangerously low voice. He hated himself; he hated himself for how he had said those words.

He didn't want to tell her but he had to.

"W-what? Jimin, okay, enough joking around. I get it, it was a prank or something; you can all quit now," she said the same words Jimin had said.

But Jimin looked at her seriously. And then what he saw next broke her heart.

She turned around and ran to the double doors that led inside the mansion. Jimin was instantly back to his senses as he saw his girlfriend running inside.

Using his ability, he was behind her in an instant, and held her arms.

"What are you doing, Jimin? Let me go," she said and tried to get herself free from his hold, but his hold was that of a vampire.

She kicked and thrashed and kept screaming at him to let her go. Jimin wanted to break down right there and never get up again. He felt pain in all of his body; but especially in his dead heart.

Their parents had died and his girlfriend thought they were inside.

Finally giving up, she collapsed in his arms and cried harder as she hit his chest. "Let...me...go...I...need to...see....see them...Jimin," she said in between her sobs.

The way she spoke his name with so much heartbreak and pain in it, stabbed his heart very badly.

And Jimin hugged her. He hugged her tight and finally let his tears flow as well. He too was in pain after all.