Chaos of 100 Years

I awoke from a deep sleep to the echo of Lilith's voice in my head, "Aether, it is time for you to wake up. You have been asleep for the past 100 years. Do not panic, there is a reason for everything. You needed to wait that long, for the final holder of the Triforce is now conscious. Good luck."

"Wait, Lilith, what am I supposed to do?!" I panicked, not noticing my surroundings.

After not getting a response, I was left with my own thoughts. Reality finally hit me; all my family and friends were gone, even if they had survived the calamity... gone.

Before I could mourn any longer, the dark dome that had previously surrounded me, disappeared into the light, revealing the beautiful sky.

I gasped, admiring how pretty the sight was, taking a step off of the bed-like podium I had been on...
Bad idea. I fell... Like, alot.

"FUCK!" I screamed as I plummeted to what I expected to be my death, but before I hit the ground, I was enveloped into a deep dark clump of gooey liquid. Within the second I landed in it, the liquid disappeared into nothing.

"Where the fuck am I?"

°•°•°•°

After about an hour of aimlessly wandering around, I finally started to recognize some of my surroundings; I was near Kakariko Village.

The path to the village was overgrown with plants, but other than that it was still recognizable. As I neared the village, I wondered if Impa was still alive, a part of me knew that she would be, although it could just be the hope to see a familiar face.

The village hadn't changed much, there were a few new buildings and of course everyone who lived there was different, but it still made me feel at home.

"Excuse me, do you know anyone named Impa?" I asked some guards that stood infront of the steps.

"State your name and business with Lady Impa," the guards told me, leaving me confused before it clicked in my mind.

"She's alive..." I smiled to myself and continued," My name is Aether, I'm an old friend of Impa's... I need to speak with her about what has happened in the last 100 years."

"Lady Impa does not need visitors," one of the guards told me, not letting me through.

"Wait, did you say your name is Aether?! Ah! I'm very sorry for shouting!" A voice said from the top of the stairs.

"Does Lady Impa know this person?" the other guard asked the girl who was walking down the stairs.

"Y-Yes, she speaks of him sometimes," the girl said to the guards.

"Our apologies, please enter," one of the guards told me as they both stepped aside. I followed the girl up the stairs, she looked exactly like Impa did, although I knew that it wasn't her from her body language... and the fact that it had been 100 years.

Once I had entered the building, I noticed an old lady sitting in the back of the room, it was Impa.

"Aether, it's been a long time," Impa spoke, her voice scratchy.

"I'm so glad to see you, I thought you had passed as it's been 100 years..." I replied, walking closer.

"Me? Die? What a silly concept," Impa laughed before continuing, "I'm sure you have many questions... Paya, please grab them something to sit on while I explain."

"Yes, no problem," the girl, who I now knew was Paya, responded, handing me a cushion to sit on.

"Are you aware of the calamity that happened 100 years ago?" Impa asked me as I sat down on the cushion.

"All I know is Ganon attacked the castle... And wiped out alot of Hyrule," I mumbled, looking at the ground.

"Yes, Gannon took over the guardians and divine beasts, thus defeating the champions," Impa filled me in.

"Link... He was a champion too... D-Did he..."

"As far as I know, he was sent to the shrine of resurrection; although, based off of your time of arrival he should be awake now. Both Link and Princess Zelda survived, though Princess Zelda is in Hyrule Castle holding back Gannon."

"Oh thank the goddess he's alive," I mumbled, wiping away some stray tears, "May I stay in Kakariko for a while?"

"Of course, stay as long as you want, you aren't a threat to us after all."

"Thank you so much Impa, I wish I could've been here with you for the past 100 years..."

"I can sense it, the goddesses have something planned involving you, everything happens for a reason after all."

"Speaking of that, do you know of a deity named Lilith?"

"Oh, I know of them, they are in some of the ancient texts upstairs, although they are in ancient Hylian... Oh, sorry for interrupting!" Paya spoke quickly.

"Yes Paya, the deity Lilith was lost in the texts over time, however the ancient texts upstairs tell that they created spirit. After this world was created, a bit of each deity's power was left in the Triforce.. all but Lilith's, as they thought it would be too easy to find a power and misuse it in something as obvious as the Triforce. What many who know the story, which is only a handful of people, don't know is that the goddess Hylia is one half of a whole power, Lilith being the other half. Hylia represented life itself and the light that comes with it, Lilith represented afterlife or spirits, and the darkness that comes with the burden of a soul."

Impa reached out to me, her frail hands lifting the dark necklace up, "Ah, I assume you knew all of that already seeing as you have spoken to Lilith yourself. The goddess smiles upon you Aether, so does Lilith."

"Lady Impa, we have a situation! The shrine in the village has lit up!" A guard informed Impa as he burst through the door.

"Don't mind that, don't cause a panic, all this means is that we will have a silent visitor in about a week, say an old friend of mine," Impa said, laughing at the guard's unnecessary panic.