Gerudo Valley

Hot. It was hot.

With our horses in the stable, we were dragging ourselves through the hot desert heat in barely anything.

I was holding my bag above my head for shade, Link was attempting to tough it out.

Soon we neared an oasis, relieving our need for water.

"Gerudo Town doesn't allow men in" Link mumbled with a frown as we filled our water bottles in the oasis.

"Really? They let me in just fine whenever mum took me there... oh, they probably thought I wasn't... Plus my family there... ugh" I grumbled to myself as memories of the past built up.

"I could always just talk to them about letting me in as I.. well. As much as I don't want to use it as an excuse I'm not 100% masculine, plus I have- no, I had family that lived there. Maybe I could chop myself in half and half of me will enter" I joked, sadly laughing at the reality I had to face.

Most likely they would see me as a woman and let me in, which helps with the quest but wouldn't help my own well being.

"You can stay in the oasis if it makes you feel better. There's an inn here too" Link reassured me, "I'm going to wear Vai clothing and go in. I'll be back in a day or two".

"Are you sure? I can help".

Link nodded, getting up.

"Well at least show me your outfit, I wanna see".

°•°•°•°

"Awe, you look adorable" I complimented Link as he revealed himself in his Vai outfit.

Link blushed, though was pretty confident in the clothing.

The tight fit clothes did really accentuate his body, showing off everything and teasing my blushing mind.

"Just come back if you need anything, okay? I don't want to simply be a travel buddy, I want to help you" I told Link.

Link nodded, grabbing the things he needed.

"Be safe. I'll be here if you need anything" I told him, giving him a quick hug before he headed off.

Having a few days to myself, I decided to train. Lilith had said I had a purpose in all this mess the calamity brought on, and I was going to prove it... even if it wasn't true.

In the distance, some lizalfos caught my eye, "Bingo" I spoke, grabbing my knife and bow.

Heading over there, I noticed a red goop next to the lizalfos camp, similar to the stuff I had fallen in all that time ago.

"What are you?" I mumbled, reaching out into the crimson pool, not realizing the lizard-like monster had snuck up behind me.

"Fuck!" I cursed as a sharp sting struck my left shoulder.

I shot an arrow at the lizalfos horn, sending a circle of shock around it, narrowly missing me.

"Mother fucker!" I shouted, jumping at it with my knife, slicing a huge gash down its stomach. Red goop gushed out of it before it disappeared into dust.

"One more" I muttered, looking around to try and find the other. I quickly spotted a mound in the sand and shot an arrow.

Yet again the electricity shot out. Unfortunately I stumbled on a rock in the sand, making me miss my chance of killing the lizalfo.

The monster threw a rock at a speed I could only imagine, impacting with my head with a red spark.

"You.. fucker" I stuttered, slowly losing vision.

"This is it. I can't even defeat one stupid lizalfo. Lilith was wrong, I'm not the one to have this responsibility" I thought to myself, as I fell into the sand.

My mouth dried as a bright red flash revealed an old shriveled figure where the lizalfo had stood. Deep red hair flowed in the hot breeze.

My vision depleted.

"It's over Lilith" A deep voice boomed.