Ballad of the Goddess

"en daʃeʋu nobe̞ ʃʊndu
tje̞ ʃʊtu ke̞wɛnu sale̞
en daʃeʋu nobe̞ dʊʃu
tje̞ ʃʊtu nobe̞ dezu dotʃe̞" My father sung as he plucked away at the lyre.

"What's it mean, dada?" I asked, unsure of what he was singing.

"I suppose it's time I told you. I just hope you remember, if I am ever to leave" He spoke softly, picking me up and placing me on his lap. Father's large hands moved my tiny ones to begin playing the song again, but this time I could understand.

"Oh youth, guided by the servant of the goddess, unite earth and sky, and bring light back to the land. Oh youth, show the two whirling sails the way to the Light Tower...and before you a path shall open, and a heavenly song you shall hear" Father sung, a single tear falling from his eye and landing on my face with a splash... but it wasn't a salty water droplet, his tear was made of pure light, the golden color reflecting on my skin.

"Are you okay dada?" I asked, looking up to him, his fluffy white hair moving with the wind.

"You are so special, my eclipse" He spoke, running his fingers through my long hair.

"You are too dada, the neighbors talk about you all the time!" I spoke, not realizing the truth.

"They speak of my appearance, I speak of your heart. You are more than you think" He spoke, putting the lyre down to enclose me in a hug.

"Why do you hide when mama's friends are over" I asked rudely.

"The world is a harsh place sometimes. Not always, but sometimes. Hylians don't like what they can't understand, and unfortunately I am one that they don't"

I sighed, crossing my arms, "All those Hylians can eat rocks. And don't worry dada, mummy and I love you forever and ever, no matter what you look like" I exclaimed with a smile.

As the warm summer breeze blew past us, my father continued to play the ancient song. A song given to the zonai by Hylia and Lilith themselves.

The Ballad of the Goddess.

"I know what I must do... but how" I spoke as the song finished, memories of my father still fresh on my mind.

"Good. You are ready. Ready for the truth" A voice came from behind us.

"Lilith, sorry I... I got carried away and never asked Princess Zelda about-"

"Never mind that, sit. I must tell you the truth of your parents" Lilith told me.

"Is King Rauru my-"

"Just listen," Lilith interrupted. "Knowing the story of your mother, I must tell you of your father. Your father is the son of King Rauru and Queen Sonia".

My hunch was right.

"I had a vision last night, your father has a twin, each twin took one power from their parents. Your father took the power of light. You, Aether, have the power of light" Lilith explained.

Everything connected. My father's tears, my tears... light. Tears of the light whilst the dark flourished... it was a sign.

"Lilith, something bad is soon to happen" I panicked slightly.