Silent Visitor

A week had gone by since I had first arrived in Kakariko Village, I was getting used to staying in the humble village, but of course all things must eventually come to an end.

"Aether, Lady Impa has requested to see you," the inn owner told me as I laced up my boots.

"Okay, thanks," I responded as I stood up and stretched, walking out of the inn and towards the many stairs that led to Impa.

"-and now, we have found that those text are true, as- oh, there he is now," I heard Impa's voice as I opened the door. In front of her stood a familiar figue.

"Link!" I spoke, a little too loud, walking towards him as he turned around.

As if he had just had a giant flashback, Link's eyes widened, "Aether?!"

"Ah, good, your memory has been jogged already," Impa said to Link, smiling as Link and I stared at each other for a second, glad that we were both alive.

I ran towards Link and enveloped him in a hug, glad he was alive.

"I missed you, even though it only felt like a few weeks..." I mumbled, hugging him tighter, Link hummed in response.

"His memory is very hazy, just to warn you," Impa told me as Link and I pulled apart from the hug.

"Wait does that mean I've forgotten some things too?!" I panicked, causing Impa to laugh.

"Of course not, if I'm correct, you were chosen by Lilith themselves to hold their power. Your hundred year nap would have been a lot nicer."

"If Link wasn't chosen by any goddess or anything, how the hell is he alive?!"

"Enough with the questions, please. You're giving this old lady a headache, unlike you I have aged in the past century."

"Oh, sorry Impa."

"Aether, you must be aware of your fate already, please aid Link in his journey to Hyrule castle until the time comes."

"Yes, I will," and with that, Link and I said our goodbyes and headed off to start our quest... though a couple side quests wouldn't hurt.

°•°•°•°

"I think the first thing we should do is get some better clothes for you. As much as you look good in the raggy disintegrating clothes you have right now, you're gonna catch a cold if you don't change," I told Link as we walked to the local clothing store.

"Hello! How can I help you?" A cheery store clerk asked when we entered the store.

"Um, he needs some new clothes... can we get the full set of the Hylian outfit?" I asked, knowing Link didn't like to talk to many people unless needed.

"Yes, there's a changeroom around back if needed," the store clerk told us, pointing to the door at the back of the shop.

Link left to get changed as I paid for the outfit.

"Your friend is such a cutie. Are you lovers?" the store clerk asked as she put the rupees behind the desk.

"No... We're just friends," I responded blankly.

"Ooh~, you definitely like him though," she teased.

"We're just close friends, nothing more," I stated, looking in the opposite direction before Link finally got out of the changeroom, wearing his new clothes.

"See ya!" the store clerk waved as we left the shop. I smiled and waved back before Link and I decided what to do next.

"Should we get supplies next?"

°•°•°•°

One load of arrows and food in a bag later, we headed out of Kakariko Village.

"So we just have to head to the castle right?" I asked, causing Link to shake his head in disagreement.

"Darn, this is gonna take a while, isn't it?" I asked, grabbing an apple from the bag to eat. Link nodded before stopping in his tracks.

"Huh? Are you okay or-" before I could continue my sentence, Link pressed his finger to my mouth to shush me.

"Sorry," I whispered, watching as Link snuck up behind a brown horse that was standing in the long grass of the field.

With a quick swoop of movement, Link got on the horse and held on tight until it calmed down. He looked over, giving me a thumbs up, until his smile faded into a look of suprise.

"What?" I asked, taking a bite of my apple. Before I knew it, my apple had been snatched.

"Fuc-?" I cursed, frustrated that I had been robbed by some apple thief. That frustration soon turned to laughter when I turned around and saw the culprit. A horse, with a beautiful deep black mane, had stolen and eaten my apple.

"Awe, you're so cute~," I told the horse, petting it's face.

I climbed onto the horse, smiling at Link, and followed him to the path.