Zora's Domain

A light rain pittered against the stone path as we awoke. My sleeping bag was damp, I was a bit cold, but somehow it was peaceful.

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, a cool breeze hit my skin, slowly waking my body up.

...Something felt off.

Disregarding my gut feeling, I proceeded to wake Link, "Morning sleepy head, we should get going".

Link groaned, getting out of his sleeping bag.

After quickly packing up our stuff, we were back on the path to Zora's Domain.

The rain continued on as our horses trotted down the path. In our luck, we didn't bump into too many lizalfos.

"I've never actually visited here. Since the Zora eat fish, our family never sold fruit there" I told Link as we neared the domain.

"I can't remember if I've been here..." Link mumbled unconsciously.

I gave Link a sad smile before our horses were rudely stopped by an angry Zora elder.

"People like you aren't allowed here! Get out! It's your fault Mipha's gone anyways!" The old Zora spat.

"No, no, that's Link, let him in. Prince's orders!" A voice shouted from below the bridge. Suddenly, a splash of water flew up from the waterfall revealing a tall red Zora.

"Bah, you youngings shouldn't be in power, I know better than all of you!"

"I'm Sidon, Prince of Zora's Domain. I apologize for his rude introduction, he's been like that ever since Mipha, my sister, passed on" The Zora Prince spoke with a bright smile on his face.

Link slowly got off of his horse, stepping past Sidon. There stood a statue of a female Zora.

"Mipha..." Link swallowed, staring at the statue. Memories flooded to him causing a few tears to drip down his face.

Getting off my own horse, I approached Link, slowly reaching out my arms, enveloping him in a hug.

"I remember her. I've been here many times" Link spoke softly, his voice breaking. I nestled my head into his neck, holding him close.

Link pulled away, wiping the tears off his face, "Sorry", he mumbled, walking away.

°•°•°•°

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you? Lynels are really dangerous" I worried as Link prepared himself to leave.

"I'll be fine" He responded quietly before jumping into the cold Zora water.

"Aether, why don't you come with me, we can discuss some things over food" Sidon told me, patting my worried back.

"Alright".

°•°•°•°

"Link used to visit quite often before the calamity. I was young, sure, but he came enough for me to remember" Sidon told me, taking a bite of his cod.

"I think I remeber him mentioning Mipha when we were catching up a while back... well I guess it's been a century but, you get the point" I responded, pushing the grilled fish around my plate. I wasn't a huge seafood fan.

"Yes, my sister and Link would always hang out together, whether it was because Link got hurt or because of how Mipha felt, they were nearly inseparable".

"Oh, were they a thing?"

Sidon laughed a bit, "Oh no, Mipha wished they were but Link... Link always had his eyes set on somebody else".

"Link is pretty loyal to people if that's what you're going for".

"So was Mipha; everytime Link was wounded in battle, she would be right there to heal him".

I stiffened, "Heal him? Did she have some kind of healing powers?"

"Yes. Although I'm not sure where their origins are in the family. Father will not let me look into it. Anytime I mention Mipha... he just..." Sidon sighed.

"Do all the champions have powers?" I asked, not very educated in the subject.

"Yes, they did. Although I'm unsure if Link does".

"Weird. I guess he has that special sword though?"

"Yeah, you're right."

"PRINCE SIDON!" A voice shouted from afar in the water below.

A splash of water flew past us as a Zora landed from the trip up the waterfall. "I'd never get used to that" I thought, wiping the water droplets off of my skin.

"Tula, is everything alright?" Sidon asked the Zora in front of us.

"Yes, even better than alright! Link not only got the shock arrows but has slain the lynel!" The Zora, Tula, spoke.

"Holy shit..." I mumbled to myself, looking up to where the Lynel had been, spotting a floating figure getting closer.

"Oh here he comes now, Link! Good job up there!!" Sidon shouted at the gliding figure.

Eventually Link made it back to the ground and met us with a bag full of monster guts and arrows.

"Aw gross, the electricity is frying the guts" I pointed out the sizzling bag.

"I'll buy it! Sizzling or not, it makes for great potions" The shopkeeper said with a smile.

"You did good Link. Get a good night's rest and we'll head to Vah Ruta at dawn" Sidon instructed, getting up. "It was good talking with you Aether."

"You as well" I smiled, turning to Link. "Vah Ruta is the divine beast I assume?"

Link nodded, handing the monster bits to the shop owner.

"Ah... I assume I should wait outside? From what I heard, the beasts only obey a champion" I muttered as we walked towards the inn.

"Mhm" Link agreed.

°•°•°•°

After a long restless sleep, dawn soon approached. I knew Link would do just fine, yet I couldn't help but worry for his safety in the corrupted divine beast.

"You have everything you need?" I asked, as we neared the docks. Rain poured from what was suspected to be coming from the beast itself.

Link nodded, fixing his Zora armor. It was odd how well it fit, as that armor was only for who Mipha herself planned to marry... wait.

"Let us go then. Aether, I'll be right back. Link will meet us when he's done. I cannot enter the divine beast, but I'm going to help Link do so" Sidon told me, flashing me his smile before diving into the cold water.

"May the goddesses smile upon you" I mumbled, giving Link a hug.

Link smiled, leaning towards me, planting a soft kiss to my cheek.

"I'll be back soon" Link mumbled, jumping into the water after Sidon.