Melting Clock

"See, I told you I could do it!" I told father as I landed the jump from the boulder.

"Good job, Eclipse!" That was the nickname father gave to me, he said it was because when I was born an amazing thing happened; the sun kissed the moon!

"Guess what dada, I'm gonna be just like you when I grow up! Mummy has no idea how cool I'm gonna be! Fuck being a fruity farmer, I'm gonna be SUPER!!" I jumped into father's arms with a big smile plastered on my face.

"Woah woah, where did you learn that word?!" Father looked upset.

"Super? You said I was super so I thought that I could say it".

"No, sweetie, I'm talking about the other word, the one that rhymes with duck..."

Mummy walked in holding a basket of apples, "Hun, could you come help with the-"

"Ohhhh, FUCK!" I shouted with a huge grin on my face, it was funny because she threw them in the air.

"Oh goodness, you can't go around saying that word" Father sighed, but I just KNOW he thought it was silly.

"I guess I'll just get to the point then..." Mother frowned, "Love, they're looking for you..." Mummy told father. Father put his hand against my cheek, looking me in the eyes.

"One day you must somehow find out; you must know the truth" that was the last thing he ever told me.

Father turned into a star that night, it made mummy cry. I don't remember father that much...

When I turned six, mummy's tummy grew a balloon. New "father " wasn't around long either, he left to lon lon ranch for some milk. Mummy said the cows got hungry.

It's silly how things work out.

A golden flash caused my eyes to fly open, my dream passing by as quick as it came. I hadn't thought about father in years, yet his memory still lingered.

"Sa'oten, you are okay?! I found you unconscious by the oasis" Somebody spoke beside me.

"Oasis?" I looked around and noticed I was no longer in the same heat of the dessert sun. The deep cold of night made me shiver.

"You were covered in some kind of red goop, I hope it wasn't blood, in anycase, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine..." I was in the oasis, but things looked.. different.

"We are just outside of Gerudo town, at the near oasis." The Gerudo woman beside me held out her hand, touching my hair between her fingertips, "Your red hair is almost exactly that of the Gerudo, but you are not a vai... Where did you come from little voe?"

"My hair is blonde, but yes my mother was from Gerudo Town originally..." I spoke, my voice trailing off as I turned to look into the Oasis' crisp water.

My hair was in fact a burning red, slightly glowing in the moonlight. Taken aback, I observed the rest of my appearance.

My hair shining back to me as red, my eyes were almost glowing a bright green. I was the spitting image of my parents. With my mother's Gerudo genes painting my hair, and my father's bright green eyes, it seemed as if their genetics were working on overdrive in my body. It was as if I was not me, as me was not I; if I was them, as they were me...

In other words, I was confused, tired, and looked a bit too much like my mother in particular.

"Gerudo Town is not open to guests right now, but the Inn is quite comfortable" The woman told me.

"Yes, thank- sarqso" I told her, brushing myself off and heading towards the Inn. My mother's language lessons were yet again about to pay off.

Even the Inn felt different, the beds looked ancient, but in good condition. Everything looked kinda dated.

"Sav'saaba, it is 5 rupees for a bed" The Gerudo woman at the counter spoke.

"Five? That's cheap" I thought to myself as I fished out a blue rupee from my pocket. Unfortunately I was unable to find my bag when I woke up, but I had always taken my mother's advice and kept some rupees close on hand, with a knife closer.

"Sarqso"

"Sav'orr"

I sighed as I flopped down onto the sand-dusted bed. My mind was full of questions, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to take Link's advice much longer. I needed to check on him, especially after the odd events of the day.