Zelda's Lullaby

The journey to find Zelda was a long one, the only thing we had to locate her was an estimate. Our estimate lead us to the heart of Hyrule; Hyrule Castle.

"It's so..."

"Different? Of course, many decades pass before your timeline" Lilith spoke, smiling as we walked up the main steps.

"Yes, of course..." I muttered, my mind starting to wander.

"State your names and meanings of visit" One of the hylians guarding the door spoke sternly.

"I am Lilith,  they are Aether, we must speak to the king" Lilith told the guards.

"Apologies, my deity, please come in" The solider spoke, almost panicking at their presence. "TAKE THEM TO KING RAURU" The guard commanded another solider.

"YES SIR!" She responded before turning to us, "Follow me".

I admired the architecture of the castle in awe as we walked, each hallway containing intricate designs more complex than the last.

"I wish the hylians in my time preserved this castle a little better. This art is so complex" I thought out loud as we neared the end of the hall.

"As do I" Lilith responded with a smile.

"In here my deity, and goodluck" the hylian bowed.

"Thank you"

As we entered the room I noticed a figure that I recognized all too well.

"Father?" I muttered quietly, stepping forward as tears threatened to spill.

"You must not, we cannot mess with time like this" Lilith whispered the warning into my ear, "I owe you an explanation, but later" they spoke.

"Right" I replied, wiping my tears away, only to find drips of liquid light in its place.

"King Rauru, it is a pleasure to see you" Lilith spoke, their voice almost soothing my worries.

"Lilith, I was not expecting you" The king kneeled onto the ground, honoring Lilith's presence.

"No need for formalities, I myself must apologize on behalf of the Gerudo. The Gerudo army would like to provide support for the war against Ganondorf, but that is not why we are here."

"We seek Zelda's aid in time. Aether must return to what they know as the present" Lilith explained.

"Ah, so you're aware of..." The Zonai started, his voice slipping away with regret.

"Yes, my deepest condolences to you"

The king thought for a moment, resting his chin on his fist, "Very well then, Zelda is on the main balcony. You may see her".

"Thank you" I bowed, appreciative of how kind Hyrule's king was.

"I must speak with Rauru privately, the large door we passed on our way here will bring you to the balcony" Lilith instructed me, I nodded in response.

Hearing the door shut behind me, I just hoped Lilith's instructions were correct. A soft melody echoed through a gap in the large door as I neared it. The sound was comforting to hear, almost familiar in a way. As I opened the door, letting the sound grow louder and louder, I spotted a lone Hylian playing the soft tune on a harp. A warm breeze blew past the girl, blowing the blonde strands away from her face, revealing who I recognized as Princess Zelda.

"Are you... Are you okay?" She asked worriedly, stopping the beautiful song.

"Why wouldn't I-" A golden drop of light fell to the floor of the balcony, dissipating into nothing.

"I recognize that melody" I spoke, changing the subject awkwardly.

"My mother used to sing it to me when I was very small, it's been in the royal family since... well... even far before this time.

"My parents had a song like that, it's the one I recognize, only it was a little different," I muttered, straining to reach the lost memories in my mind. "Father used to play the lyre, he gave it to me after he passed all those years ago..." I mumbled to myself, lost in thought.

"Would you like to try? I would have to presume the harp is much like a lyre, simply bigger" Princess Zelda offered, getting up off of her stool.

I nodded, still lost in thought. As I sat down on the stool, it was like my hands had a mind of their own, moving from string to string. It was like I had done this a thousand times before.

"Remember this forever, my eclipse"

My fingers stopped, eyes widening, "I remember now".