Reality Resumes

My eyes slowly opened to reveal the beautiful blue of the sky, with the usual slight cloud cover of Hyrule.

Before I could smile, appreciating the familiar sight of my time, a mechanical whirr caused my neck to whip around to face a rusted, yet moving, guardian.

A fearful memory spilled through my mind, poisoning any attempt to run.

"This is what killed my family" I thought, my hands shaky as I sat up slowly. My mother... my siblings... they didn't deserve their fate, nobody did.

A sudden rush or rage spread across my body, there was no way I was going to let an opportunity of revenge slip away.

My feelings were spilling out in tears of mixed emotions as the guardian targeted me with its blood-red laser.

"Do your fucking worst" I spoke, letting my emotions control my actions.

As the mechanical beeping sped up, warning me of a near shot, I raised my right hand, palm facing the mechanical hell ahead of me.

As the beam shot it's painful laser directly at me, I screamed in rage as the thought of my late family passed my mind. A bright golden flash, as Rauru had shown me in his memories, reflected the guardian's destruction, leaving only a smoldering crater in it's place.

"Holy shit" I muttered, not able to take my eyes off of the mechanical rubble in front of me. In some ways the sheer power felt good, but feeling that reminded me of a certain someone. Someone who put Hyrule through hell and back.

Pulling me out of my trance, a huge beast-like creature roared on the nearby field. Looking over I noticed a short masculine figure holding a familiar sword... Link. Link was fighting...

"Ganon?" I thought out loud.

My thoughts were racing through my head like an unstoppable force, that was it, it was the battle against Ganon, and I wasn't helping...

"FUCK!" I shouted, sprinting towards the battle. I was too late, I wouldn't make it in time. I was sprinting as fast as I could, yet I wouldn't make it.

As I cursed internally, using everything in me to reach the battle faster, a large deep-red burst of energy exploded into nothing... he was gone.

"What the fuck?" I muttered, confused. Lilith had made it very clear that the power I wielded was a key component to defeating Ganon.

"Was the guardian enough?" I wondered in disbelief. Something felt wrong, regardless, I continued my sprint towards Link.

"LINK!" I shouted, gaining his attention. As I neared the exhausted boy, he turned to face me, sweat and blood dripping down his body. I flung myself towards him as he dropped his weapons to the grass, enveloping him in a long needed hug.

"I thought you were dead" He whispered, his voice either lost or too emotional to use.

"It's a long story" I mumbled in return with a smile plastered onto my face.

"I missed you" I thought, unable to voice my affection.

"Link!" A familiar voice spoke, breaking Link and I apart.

"Zelda" Link and I spoke in sync, though my voice had a confused tone. She looked different... her hair was long again. She almost looked younger.

Something inside told me that she didn't know. I would keep it that way.

"Do you... Do you still remember me?" Zelda asked Link, a smile forming on her face. Something felt wrong.

A golden tear dripped down my face... something wasn't right.