Sun-kissed

The skies had finally cleared of rain, my worries for Link melting away with the sun.

"He did it" I mumbled joyfully, grabbing my bag and running down to the docks.

It had been a couple days since Link had left to calm Vah Ruta, and my worries for his safety had been through the roof, even with Sidon there to comfort me. It had been nice how caring Sidon was, as much as he had teased my blushing face whenever he brought up Link's kiss.

"LINK!" I shouted, spotting him on the divine beast. He waved from afar, then glided down to the docks.

As Link touched the ground, immediately I enveloped him in a hug.

"Thank the goddesses you're safe, I missed you" I muttered into Link's messy hair.

"I missed you too" He responded, hugging back.

"Link! You've done it! Great job bud!" Sidon congratulated, patting Link on the back.

"Let's go get you cleaned up now, you desperately need a bath" I joked.

°•°•°•°

"Thanks again for letting us stay here" I told Sidon as Link and I mounted our horses.

"It's my pleasure. Good luck you two!" Sidon gave us a thumbs up and we were on our way.

Our travels weren't short, and we took a few stops, but soon we neared a village and decided to take a break.

"Welcome to Lurelin Village, the inn is over there" The greeter pointed, "and the general store is over there. Feel free to rent a boat and go fishing, it's our village's specialty".

"Thank you" I smiled, following Link to the inn.

"We have the night off then, anything you wanna do before we rest?" I asked Link as we put our gear down next to the rented beds.

"Fishing?" He asked, grabbing a bag of rupees.

"Sure, don't think I'm gonna eat much fish though, the texture turns my stomach" I laughed, walking out to the docks.

"Here to rent a boat?" The vendor asked, leaning on an oar.

"Yes, and some rods if that's okay" I responded as Link handed the man some rupees.

"Alright, she's all yours, just be back before nightfall, I've gotta sleep" The man laughed, handing us oars and fishing rods.

Getting into the boat, we rowed off into a calm area in the sea.

"Man, I haven't been fishing since I was 8, mum used to take me when we delivered fruit here" I spoke, putting some monster guts onto the hook of the rod.

Link simply nodded, focused on his own rod.

"I have to say though, it's very peaceful out here".

Casting my line out, I took a deep breath of the sea air. I watched as the soft wind blew gently through Link's hair, causing his brows to wrinkle in frustration when it blew in front of his eyes.

"Here, let me tie it back for you" I told Link, grabbing supplies from my bag.

Gently grabbing strands of hair, I braided his bangs back into a ponytail, tying it off into a neat bunch.

I pushed the remaining stray strands back from his face with my thumb, lingering with a soft look.

"Ah, sorry, got carried away" I stumbled, realizing what I had been doing.

Link giggled and continued on with his fishing.

A few fish later and we were back at the docks.

"Thanks again" I thanked the boat guy as we gathered our things.

"No problem, have a nice night you two".

"You as well".

"Ooh nice catch there, I can cook it up if you'd like. Got some crab to spare too" An older guy spoke from the nearby fire.

I looked at Link who nodded, before handing the guy our fish.

I couldn't help but notice how the orange glow of the flames complimented Link's hair as we sat by the fire. I was completely spaced out of the conversation Link was having before I felt a prod in my side.

"No worries, I often lose myself in the flames. She's a gift from the goddess, fire. Hylians take it for granted. Now back to my question, would you like to try some crab? It's just about done here" The old man asked, grabbing the skewered crustacean.

"Sure, it's been a long time since I've had crab" I responded politely.

The old man handed me a piece that was drizzled in a butter sauce. I had never tasted anything so good.

Scooting closer to Link, I rested my head on his shoulder. It was a good night.

°•°•°•°

"Link" I spoke, trying to stiffle my laughs, "I think you've been in the sun too long".

Link got up out of his bed, rubbing his face then wincing from the sunburn.

He had a good farmers "tan" from the shirt he had worn the day before. Regardless, he still looked good.

Link facepalmed, taking the blankets off.

"Don't worry, I got some cream from the general store this morning, I can help" I reassured him, pulling the jar of cream out of my bag.

As hot as Lurelin had felt, I had no idea how hot our next destination was going to be.