Chapter 15

Chapter 15

2020

"So you've never dated before?" That was the first thing that Garett says to break the silence between us. We're currently walking on the dunes. Nang matapos ang dinner namin sa bahay nila Marissa ay tumulong kami nang kaunti tapos ay nagpaalam na ako na uuwi. Garett says he'll walk me home and I didn't miss the suspicious look that Marissa is throwing at me.

It's not in a rude manner, but she's been giving me looks as if she's expecting me to open up about what's the real score between me and Garett. I just ignored it because number 1, there's nothing going on, and number 2, we are not close.

I appreciate her kindness, but that's it.

"No." I tell him. The night air begin blowing and I hug myself as we keep on walking.

Both are paces are slow.

Hindi na siya muling nagtanong o nagsalita and I realized maybe it's because of my clipped response. Garett and I have a lot of similarities, that's what I'm noticing. Whenever I get clipped response, I will assume that the person that I am talking to is not interested in talking to me so I will stop trying right away.

If they don't want me, I know how to stand up and walk out the door together with my dignity. And I don't mean by just guys, kahit saang aspeto ng buhay ko ganyan ako.

But the thing is, I do not not want to talk to Garett. I honestly like talking to him and I'm getting used to his presence. I'm just not sure if he feels the same.

"What about you?" I ask him.

"What about me?" He responds. His voice is low and quiet and he doesn't have to know how I love it when he talks like that. Like he's so casual and chill.

"Have you experienced dating before?"

It takes him a few seconds before he responds. "Yeah," his reply was clipped and accompanied with a sigh.

"Not surprise," I say. Now I wonder what his type in women are. Are they the good ones like Marissa? Or those hot as fuck blonde girls who can make every head turn as they walk to the scene?

He looks at me and rises a brow. "Why? Do I pull off this man slut vibe to you?" He asks, curiously. He do really looks curious it made me laugh.

"No," I say with a frown, but I'm still smiling. "In fact you pull off this kind of sexy secretive and mysterious man that most of women like... plus, you're the right combination of nice and an asshole, that's why I bet my life that a lot of girls are so into you that's why it's not a surprise that you've been into a relationship before," I honestly tell him. I mean, does he not have a mirror in his house?

Look at him! Garett Verona, a mysterious guy with oozing sex appeal!

He stops for a second, as if he's processing what I've said and then a smirk suddenly forms on his lips. "So you think I'm sexy?"

Now, that catch me off guard. I felt my cheeks flushed but I quickly recovered. "I also said you're an asshole," I say, matter of factly.

"A right combination of a nice and asshole," he corrects.

"Now you're just being an asshole," I say frowning at him.

A low chuckle rises from his throat. "Thanks. I needed that. Your first statement inflated my ego way too much." He says.

"Oh, I'm good at deflating people's ego, too. Call me if you need some." I say.

"I bet you are."

"How many girls have you dated?" I ask.