Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I Don't Like You, But You're Pretty

Everyone paused from what they're doing when they saw me approaching. Marissa who's currently opening the bag of graham crackers, Klar who's eating the marshmallow, and Garett who's currently preparing the sticks.

He's eyeing me. Not knowing whether to smile or not, that's why he just bit his bottom lip. That simple gesture caused my stomach to fluff, and I kinda hate it. I was so confident that I will never join the Garett Verona Simp that Klar and Marissa were handling, but damn it... it turns out that I'm about to be elected as the the president of the club.

It was becoming intense, second by second that I chose to break my gaze from him... even if I could still feel that he's looking at me, not planning on backing down.

"Am I still welcome to join?" I ask them.

"No!" It was Klar. I'm not even offended, I just find it funny.

"Of course!" Marissa excitedly run towards me, holding me by the wrist so that she could drag me towards the small circle.

"I brought something. Hope you guys like these as much as I do," I raise the box of my favorites chocolate bars in the air.

Marissa and Klar's eyes shined in delight.

"It's our favorite!" Marissa exclaims.

Klar swallowed as she breaks her gaze apart from the box that I'm holding. Parang mas importante pa ang pride nito kaysa sa pagkagusto niya sa chocolate na dala ko.

I smile towards her direction and she just arches a brow at me. "Dahil mabait ako ngayon, bibigyan kita ng isa, Klar."

She opens her mouth for a protest but I cut her off immediately. "You're welcome," I wink.

"You're so annoying. Nobody wants you here," she rolls her eyes.

"Klarissa!" Saway nito sa kapatid saka ako tiningnan. "Don't listen to her, Maeve. We'd love to have you here. Kahit si Klar. She's just too shy to admit it."

"No, I'm not! I don't like her. I don't like everything about her." Klar said, roughly.

"Liar! You told me you find her pretty because her features have resemblance to Barbara Palvin's features!"

My eyes widened and unconsciously, I look at Garett. His brows creased as he takes my features in. My heart begins to thump loud inside my chest as he studies me. Every second that passes by felt like minutes. His blue eyes are still roaming on my face and eventually, the crease in her brows loosen until he puckers her bottom lip, nodding his head as if he's seeing the resemblance now.

Namula ako.

So he thinks I'm pretty? He thinks my features have resemblance towards Barbara Palvin's features?

"Oh my God, Marissa! Why would you say that?"

Nag-iwas ako nang tingin kay Garett Verona at muli kong tiningnan si Klar.

Nginisian ko siya. "I find you pretty, too, actually. Hawig mo si Taylor Hill," I tell her honestly. They have the same face structures and shape of eyes.

I noticed her blush. I smile.

"What... whatever," she says but it sounds so faint and so low like she's still stunned. Mukhang hindi siya sanay makatanggap ng compliment. Parang ako.

"You guys look so cute! But anyway," Marissa claps her hands together. "Let's get this smores party started!"

***