Epilogue

Epilogue

After I got out of the hospital, after I told everything to my parents about what happened, I became a completely different person. I went back to writing, too.

It wasn't easy. Nothing is ever easy.

But Dad was always there to help me. I can't see him through my naked eyes, but everytime I close my eyes, I can always picture him, right inside my room and he's smiling at me proudly.

Everytime I cry on the floor, I don't stretch my above to search for him anymore... I just close my eyes as I speak about everything that's hurting me because I know that he is right there, lying on the floor beside me.

Because Dad is the kind of God who is ready to stoop from his throne down to the floor where I'm lying to take all my pain and make them as his, too. I know he's right there to cry with me, to weep with me, to smile with me, to be angry with me, to laugh with me, and to breathe with me.

The End.

I stare at those two words that I've type on  my MS word. Two words that seems so simple but have the biggest impact than you'll ever know.

Two words that are way better than and they live happily ever after.

Because that's not just realistic. Living happily after is not a nice concept— it's comforting promise, but it's not just true.

There's no such thing as living happily ever after, because closing the chapter right on the epilogue is just the beginning of your next journey, your next book.

A new beginning, a new book that consists of new celebrations, new challenges, new pain, and new battles. But there's one thing that I've learned— being in the middle of your battle is something that I'm not scared to face anymore, because I know, right in the middle is where my Dad is going to meet me.

To fight with me.

To conquer with me.

Because that's what he promised me.

That's what he promised Maeve.

That's what he promised you.

You don't have to fight everything alone anymore. There will always be another in the fire who will walk you out through your hell. There will always be another in the wild who will stop the lion from devouring you. There will always be another in the oceans who will part the seas just so that you could cross from it.

And there will always be another in the battlefield who would always, always fight for you.

̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶n̶d̶

Wait. Let me fix that.

Prologue

This is not the end. This is just the beginning... the beginning of great miracles, the beginning of an era where I would witness mountains moving, and giants being slayed, trembling out of fear, and bowing their heads down because my God is the one who's going to fight for me.

This book is the existing proof that no matter how I screw all things up in the past, God will still give me the grace to start all over again. That even if I was the one who let go,  still, He won't allow anyone to snatch me away from His mighty hands.

This book is the existing proof that God could breathe dead things back to life. It is the existing proof that He could turn my ashes into beauty.

|