Chapter 5

Miranda Bonham

I sat on the bed, waiting for him to return.

My stupid Wolf kept calling out to him, wanting him near us. I had never heard of this. It wasn't normal for my Wolf to be going so crazy at the thought of a guy.

Given, many Wolves went into heat- all they thought about then was of mating with a Wolf.

But, this felt different.

Thinking about it too much gave me a headache. I rubbed circles in my forehead, as I waited for him to return.

My jaw dropped, possibly to the ground, when he came back.

Nixon wore nothing but a pair of navy blue shorts. His sculpted chest was bare, exposing some enticing abs, just begging to be touched.

His hair was all over the place, like if he had ran his hands through it multiple times. The messy way it stood made it that much more tempting.

I hadn't noticed his eye brow raised, as he stared at me checking him out.

I cleared my throat, but remained quiet, trying to divert his attention from me.

"You can sleep in this," he said, handing me a pair of his shorts and a white muscle shirt.

I hesitantly took it from him, making sure our hands didn't come into contact. The last time we had touched, it felt like he was trying to enchant me or something.

When I came out of the bathroom, I almost expected him to be lying down in the bed. I wanted him away from me- he was my kidnapper, after all.

But a little part of me felt disappointed that he had made a make-shift bed on the floor.

He raised himself from the ground when I started making my way to the bed. It was uncomfortable to walk because I felt his gaze on me.

The moment I made it to the bed, I noticed he had already lain back down, but he was facing my direction.