Epilogue

Three years later

Three years later

"Are you ready?" Preston asked me, cocking an eyebrow when I shook my head at him.

"Should you really be doing this, again?" I asked him, feeling unsure about the entire thing.

"Oh c'mon, Andy. It won't be so bad," Preston said, grinning at me cheekily. I rolled my eyes at him, and slumped myself on the bed.

"Are you getting used to it?" Preston laughed at me and went to sit beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I have hope," Preston dramatically replied.

"You're not even taking it seriously," I told him.

"I'm taking it seriously," he said, the grin on his face growing wider. I shook my head at him, but finally got up from the bed.

"We should get going," he told me, nodding towards the door excitedly.

The door to Nixon and my room had just been opened, when I saw him running in my direction.

"Momma!" Kyran yelled, as he stumbled towards me.

"Baby," I cried, grinning down at him. 

Alicia, Clay's mate, was following closely behind him. Kyran ran straight into my arms when I lowered myself to pick him up.

"He wanted to come back to the palace right after we left," Alicia said, shaking her head at Kyran. 

He'd done the same thing to Clay and Alicia a few times. They were going to the shore, Kyran would say he wanted to go, and then he was whining about coming back home.

Alicia got annoyed because Nixon didn't like having Kyran leave the palace if he wasn't accompanied by a troop of guards.

"Kyran," I reprimanded him, but the pup only wrapped his arms around me and chuckled.

"Kyran can't help it if you and Clay bore him to death," Preston added, earning himself a slap from Alicia.