Chapter 50

Miranda Bonham

Our mind link, which I had kept blocked from him. The wall I had set up in my mind had crumbled down and allowed him to enter now that I had him in front of me.

"I need to go to him. I need to convince him to stop this," I told Zander. I was saying the words while trying to get the door of the car opened.

"You aren't going out there. He's furious. He could hurt you, and," Zander said, going silent, but looking down at my stomach.

I knew Nixon hated me. He had rejected me. I didn't want to consider the fact that he might hate our pup, since I was the one carrying him. But it was a strong possibility.

After all, Preston had disliked the idea of a pup not because of me, but because of his father's blood. I somehow managed to sneak out of the car before Zander got a chance to stop me. 

Once I got the door open, I felt my body swaying and had to hold the car to steady myself. Nixon kept his eyes on me all that time.

When Zander slipped out of the car and wrapped his arm around me, Nixon growled loudly and snapped his canines at us. I cringed away from him. Zander was angry that Nixon had done that.

"If you want to fight, then that's what Iíll give you. But Miranda stays out of this. She's leaving," Zander firmly stated.

Nixon shifted into his human form then. It was the first time I noticed other Wolves and shifters from the Island were standing behind him. My eyes had been too focused on Nixon to notice anybody else.

"Miranda is my mate," Nixon said through gritted teeth. 

The words made my heart beat pick up, but it felt like more than I could handle. I looked down at the ground, and noticed a tear falling. 

It seemed like I'd never dry of them, because the tears just kept coming.When I looked up, I noticed Nixon had taken a few steps closer to us.

"Not anymore. You rejected her, remember?" Zander said, and growled after those words had left his lips.