Chapter 39

Miranda Bonham

"Don't do this!"  I yelled to Preston through our mind link.

King Luther and Queen Lisbeth were just exiting the stage, but Preston had shifted and he was heading their way.

"Stop him!" I cried, looking at Nixon desperately.

He didn't need to be told twice. Clay was there as well. He and Nixon shifted and jumped in front of Prestonís way.

The other men who had stayed behind for the meeting were looking at Preston cautiously, but they didnít interfere.

Harry and Jensen were already by my side, while five other royal guards stood protectively around me.

"I need to go to him," I said in a shaky voice.

Preston was trying to attack Nixon, and that was not going down so well with the people around us. Some of the guards were shifting, and they looked ready to intervene in the fight.

"Preston, please stop. I have a plan," I lied, in a desperate attempt to get him to stop fighting Nixon and Clay.

He stopped. I didn't think he would, but he did. Nixon was still shifted in his midnight blue Wolf, while Clay stood by the side. Both of them were looking at Prestonís Wolf, but Preston was focused on me.

"Did you know about this?" He asked.

He began making his way toward me, but Nixon was quick to step in front of him. When I tried walking closer to Preston, my guards held me in place.

"Let me go," I snapped at them. Instead of listening to me, they turned to face Nixon. Nixon didnít do anything, and I didnít know if he gave them orders through their mind link.

The only thing I knew was that suddenly, Preston stormed out of the stage and Nixon and Clay followed close behind.

They left a thick silence in the auditorium. Everyone was looking at each other and at the hall Preston had just left through.

"All of you are dismissed," I ordered, loud enough for all of them to hear.