Chapter 43

Miranda Bonham

Nixon was king and I had become queen.While Queen Lisbeth was still acknowledged as queen, and respected as one, the official title had passed down to me. 

We celebrated at the palace with a private dinner and only a select group of people were allowed to attend. My mother was there as well, along with a few people from the pack back home. 

I had to admit my mom looked a lot better than I expected, given the fact that my dad was still in prison.

Queen Lisbeth had been invited to the celebration, but she rejected the offer. She tried making another scene in front of the Alphas. Queen Lisbeth's actions only angered Nixon more.

"How are you feeling?" Nixon whispered against my ear. I had been in the back patio, sitting down in one of the benches which out looked the woods.

"When did you get here?" 

Nixon had been busy all morning long. It was only two days since our coronation, but things had been hectic for him. He had spent most of his time in the Building of Justice.

"I arrived just now. I missed you," he said, nestling his head in my neck.

"I missed you too," I replied, wrapping my arms around neck.

"What have you been doing?"

"I was inside most of the day. The tutors seem a lot more demanding than the professors I was going to have when I entered college."

It felt like so long ago that I was making plans for my upcoming semester in Staten University. It all seemed like a fog now that I had the kingdom.

"That isn't going to happen anymore," Nixon told me, a frown creasing his forehead.

"What isn't?"

"If you are interested, we do have a University in the city. Anything that you had in the human world, we have here as well. University, theaters, malls, parks, museums, libraries, we have it all. Of course, most of our buildings center on what we are, our history and our necessities."

Royalty vs RoguesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara