Chapter 13

Prince Nixon Edington

Miranda was resting her head on my chest, her hair covering most of her face. She looked beautiful as she slept. Her breathing was almost lulling me back to sleep.

Her body, which was barely covered with the clothes she was wearing, did not help the state I was in. Morning urges were difficult as it was, without adding my sexy mate to the equation.

I had many things to do today. One of the teams in charge of spying on Zander Thomas, had news about the Rogue.

Being alone with Miranda was making it difficult to leave, but I decided I had to go. The more I put it for later, the harder it would be to leave her apartment.

I slowly moved her arm off my chest, being careful not to wake her, when she let out a soft moan.

If it had been hard to leave before, now it was almost impossible.

She started stirring in her sleep, and her breathing picked up.

"What time is it?" Miranda asked, her eyes half-closed, as she looked at the digital clock next to her nightstand.

"It's early. You should go back to sleep," I told her, running my hand through her hair.

"I'm hungry," she informed me.

At those words, I couldn't find it in me to leave her alone.

"Do you want to go somewhere to get breakfast?" I asked her.

She sat up on the bed, keeping one of her arms on my chest. I knew something had happened after she left with that Rogue Wolf to Craven's house.

I noticed that when she returned from visiting her father, she came back different. Obviously, pressing the subject had done nothing for me. She became defensive, or found a way to distract me.

"I do. I'm just going to change," she said, getting up from the bed. She yawned and stretched on the way to her closet. Her shirt rose up on her back, and I couldn't help but look at her smooth skin.