Chapter 10

Miranda Bonham

I hadn't recognized his voice when he called out my father's name, but I did as soon as he stepped into my father's office.

"Miranda," Zander said my name, not sounding surprised at seeing me here. I assumed he was already used to the idea that my father was the Alpha of this territory.

"Zander?" I said, my tone sounding like a question.

"Hey," he waved at me, and then nodded toward my brother.

"Miranda, I believe you have already met our friend, Zander," my dad said, getting up from the chair he had been sitting at.

He went to shake hands with Zander, while I stared at the two strangely.

Was it odd to have Zander and my dad being friends? Probably. Did I have a problem with it? Not really.

"Zander was telling me that he ran into you and you guys got along really well," my dad said, while taking a seat behind his desk.

Zander sat on the chair next to my brother, and I sat on the corner of my dad's desk.

"Uh, sure," I replied. I didn't really think Zander and I got along 'really' well. I admit, we didn't exactly create World War III, but we didn't become best friends either.

"That's great. I've been talking to Zander, and we have come to the perfect solution to solve all our problems," my dad told me, a grin playing on his lips.

"What problems?" Preston and I asked at the same time.

"We will discuss that later. Right now, I think it is time to celebrate," my father said, getting up from his chair.

I felt completely confused.

"Is dad okay?" I asked Preston through our mind link.

"I'm not sure," He replied, letting his thoughts drift off.