Chapter 14

Miranda Bonham

I stared at him in shock. I found it stupid that his words were making me want to laugh. It was completely inappropriate for me to burst out laughing, but it was what I wanted to do.

I knew his words weren't true, and they didn't make sense to me. In his mind though, I guess he thought I had somehow, betrayed him?

I allowed myself to chuckle, because I knew if I didn't let some of it out, I would probably end up looking like an idiot. Unfortunately, my chuckle made Nixon think I was making fun of him.

"You think this is funny?" He asked, stepping away from me, and heading toward the door.

"No, I think the way you talk sometimes is funny," I replied.

He stared at me, looking like he didn't believe my words. I wasn't lying, so I tried not to care what he thought about me.

"I'm going for a run. I will send someone to watch over you in my absence," he said, and continued on his way.

I chased after him, attempting to stop him. Every time I put my hand on his shoulder, he would shrug it off. I pretended like it wasn't hurting me, but it was.

"I'm leaving," I said, and started walking ahead of him.

He pulled me back, and stopped walking.

"No you're not. You are staying here until I come back. I need to go and think," he said.

As soon as he got me to stop walking, he let go of my hand. Again, I dismissed his gesture, even though it didn't go unnoticed by my Wolf, who kept nagging me to fix things with him.

I could feel Nixon's Wolf too. He was probably fighting him as well, but Nixon was putting up a good wall, keeping me away from him.

"Well go and think, but I'm not staying here to wait for you. Bye," I said, and ran away from him.

I was expecting him to chase after me, but I didn't expect him to catch me so quickly. I had only reached the bottom of the stairs when he was already pushing me against the wall.