Chapter 22

Nixon Edington

"Nixon," my father said right after I stepped in his study. 

He didn't look up at me, but it wasn't necessary. He would know it was me by just my scent.

"Father," I greeted, nodding at him.

Two guards were standing behind my dad. They were his personal guards, but also two of the strongest members of the guard.

"I hear your trip was successful," he said, now looking up.

He'd been signing some papers. After he was finished with them, he handed them to another man that was sitting in the seat across from him.

"It was. I've captured the Rogues."

"That is great news. I have been thinking of what to do. The Alphas of the packs have given me some ideas to think through," my father said, as he got up from behind his desk.

"I need to speak with you," I told him, nodding toward the guards.

"Alone," I added.

He signaled to the two guards, and the man in front of him. I recognized him as one of the Beta's, but I wasn't too sure.

"Is something the matter?" My father asked, once we were alone.

"I found my mate," I stated, keeping my eyes on him.

"Is that so?" He asked, but I was certain he had already heard about the news.

"I did, and she will be the queen of our kingdom," I said, not leaving room for argument.

"Of course she will. She's your mate. What is the problem then?" He questioned.

"She's a Rogue." I felt guarded, even if I was talking with him.

Miranda was my priority. She came before anything and everything, and I wanted to make sure he understood that.

"I see," he said, taking a seat behind his desk once again.

"I've talked with her, and she understands that things will be different here," I assured him. 

It was a lie, but I knew Miranda would accept. I had her twin brother to bargain with. If that wasn't enough, I knew she cared about the pack of Rogues back in her home.

"Then I don't see a problem. We've never had a queen before who was a Rogue, but it might be a good thing. I want to meet her," my father said, an order behind his words.

I was leaving the worse for last. I sighed once, choosing my words carefully.