Chapter Twenty Seven: Honesty Can Kill

Earlier/Raiden's POV

Raiden stood up and walk towards the open window to speak with Nikolai on the coms.
Raiden: "hello?"
Niko: "hey how's the party?"
Raiden: "party? it's more like a meet and greet, what's up?"
Niko: "are you at the Castle?"
Raiden: "yeah."
Niko: "odd, i saw a handful of soldiers going there during the afternoon."
Raiden: "i never bumped into any of them besides the Guards but some did looked nervous when i passed by... you should swing by."
Niko: "sure, I'll be on my way..."

After the call Raiden walk back into the room and sat down thought of it at first then felt a bit of warm air from the wall behind where he's seated and shook his head.
Sun Quan: "is there something wrong Guardian?"
Raiden: "ok let's keep it real with you chief, what im i doing here?"

Sun Quan: "what do you mean Guardian, we are just enjoying the Banquet in your Honor."
Raiden: "ok let me say it this way, why am i here for?"
Lady Wu: "is there something wrong Guardian?" Lady Wu asked getting the attention of Wenji. Zhao Yun joins by his Lord's side and peck his ears.
Zhao Yun: "i can hear arrows fly from miles away, why do you have armed men within these corridors?"
Lady Wu glared at her son who only acted confused.
Sun Quan: "i... don't know what you are talking about."
Raiden: "maybe he's just paranoid and heard rats, maybe we're just hearing bullshit."
Sun Quan: "not to be rude Guardian but maybe the wine is making you a bit... crazy."

He gave Sun Quan a death stare which he gulped and Raiden use the moment to punch through the wall and pulled out a armed soldier and Zhao Yun to use his sword to cut down the paper wall revealing more soldiers hiding. Surprised Lu Meng and Lu Xun walk into the scene and Nikolai to arrive on time for the moment.
Niko: "whoa oh boy this looks ruff."
Zhao Yun: "what is the meaning of this?"
Raiden: "the gig is up and you got some explaining to do."
Lady Wu: "Lu Xun?" the young bookworm approach her.
Lu Xun: "m'lady?"
Lady Wu: "who ordered this to happen?" Lu Xun was speechless to tell until Lu Meng approach.
Lu Meng: "it was i."
Sun Quan: "Lu Meng, how brazen of you... leave us."
Lu Meng: "but my lord... the Vanguard will soon take Jing from us and Liu Bei... i shall use their heads as a sacrifice!"

He attempt to swing his sword at Liu Bei but Nikolai and Zhao Yun tackled him to the ground and kick the sword away.

Lu Meng: "how dare you, get off of me!"
Niko: "this ain't personal but you are going too far." His mother looked at Sun Quan and shook her head seeing her son not act immediately.

Lady Wu: "you are a lord of the Southland and this is how you treat our guests?"
Sun Quan: "have you gone mad Lu Meng? Men drag him out to be executed!"

When the soldiers come in to grab Lu Meng, Raiden block them from taking him.

Raiden: "back the hell up, that's not how the real world works, no matter who cause it at the end it's always be the leader's fault or in this case your fault, you must be accountable Quan you wanted this to happen, i bet Zhou Yu is into this too." Sun Quan just sat there and shook his head in silence as Liu Bei approaches Lady Wu and kneel infront.

Liu Bei: "Lady Wu... as scion of the House of Liu, all i been trying to do is to realise our benevolence to end this chaos and help revive the Han... instead fighting Cao Cao i need to work with him in order to destroy those Scorn and Shadow Legion from taking this land and harming the people, we could not do without help from the Vanguard and its allies, we learned so much from them and to learn they only have one City to protect, their world around them is in ruins for centuries, we cannot allow that happen to our future generations to come..."
Lady Wu: "Guardian, is it true what he said?"
Raiden: "I've live in a world of death, i tried coming home but i never really arrived... a part of my mind and soul got lost along the way... but my heart is somewhere in there, where i would defend to the end the only people i ever known, now all the ones I've love and care are now ghosts... but i fight to keep their memories alive forever and as long The Last City is there, i will hold the line until till our City is safe or i die and allow other fellow Guardians to take my place."