Chapter Twelve: A New Frontier

???: "you think he'll wake up?"
???#2: "how long you think he's out for?"
???: "did one of you brought a sharpie?"
???#3: "don't bug him." when Raiden open his eyes to see a sky and surrounded by his fireteam.
Raiden: "hey..." he sat up and has a split headache then Dubs came out worried for his Guardian.
Dubs: "thank the Traveler are you ok?"
Raiden: "yeah..." he look around to see Ikora and Mara Sov speaking to Cao Cao while his men are being treated by medics from the Vanguard and turn to the opposite direction and saw Zhenji now wearing a Sling for her broken arm with the comfort of Cao Pi by her side. Next to them is Wang Yi laying on her side sleeping with a fresh patch for her wound but where is Wenji.
Mara Sav: "it seems our hero has awaken." He stood up as they approach him.
Cao Cao: "thank you for saving us from those invaders, I've heard the Sun Liu alliance encounter with another enemy of yours called The Scorn that took the life of the Southland's leader, they also agree with a truce."
Ikora Rey: "i told the Commander about our findings and he wants to see for himself."
Raiden: "what do we do now?"
Cao Cao: "My main Army will be here while I'll retreat with the wounded to Fan Castle but travel to Jingzhuo which is 6 miles from here."

Ikora Rey: "may the Vanguard use Fan Castle a base of operations?"
Cao Cao: "your Guardians has done enough to be praised even by the Emperor." They notice the Guardian looking around a bit worred and left without a word.
Mara Sov: "it seems he has something in mind."
Ikora Rey: "rare of him since there is nothing around here."
Cao Cao: "maybe there is..."

Meanwhile walks through the camp searching for Wenji until he saw her helping the wounded but notice her gaze was wrap around head and seeing her stumbling a bit while she walked. Raiden stopped in her tracks and turn her around before she noticed him.
Raiden: "what are you doing?"
Cai Wenji: "i am tending to the wounded-"
Raiden: "not with a concussion."
Cai Wenji: "but i can't-." he carries her in a bridal way back where his team saw him set her down next to Wang Yi.
He look around and grab an Anesthesia Gas Tank held a mask to Wenji's mouth where she speaks as she is put to sleep.
Raiden: "don't move."
Cai Wenji: "wh- what is... this..."

Once she slept he put the Gas Tank aside and sat next to her with a sigh before the team was able to give him a question.
Niko: "are you good on your own?"
Raiden: "no, i want someone to watch these four while im busy with these primitives."
Tiana: "I'll stay."
Cotae: "then we're going to help the others, Ikora just establish a base in Fengcheng next to Jingzhuo."
Niko: "meet ya there after we're done."
Raiden: "goodluck."

After Cotae and Nikolai left only Tiana stayed and kneeled beside him to look to look at the exhausted woman sleeping and got noticed by the couple next to them.
Tiana: "what the hell did we get into?"
Raiden: "Welcome to The New Frontier."
Cao Pi: "Raiden..." he turn his head to him as he bows.
Cao Pi: "thank you for saving my wife and... i apologize for the mistreatment you receive from me."
Raiden: "i gotten worst kid..."
Tiana: "what did he mean mistreatment?"
Raiden: "I'll explain later... Ikora said there are Hawks taking the critical injured to Fan Castle, you guys can take a bird before it gets full."
Zhenji: "thank you for... wait Hawks?"
Raiden: "let us introduce you guys to, Technology..."

(An Hour Later/ 3 Miles Away From Fan Castle)

Those who suffer light injuries and still able are to walk along the road as some Guardians who made it assist and walk along side these men.
Raiden took point in front with Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun and Cao Hong who is glaring at him.
Xiahou Dun: "are you sure it is safe to leave General Zhang Liao and Man Chong at Chibi?"
Cao Cao: "i am sure these Guardians will assist them if needed, how many men did we lose?"
Xiahou Dun: "almost 250,000 men who were on the boats, Zhang Liao has half of 100,000 while the rest is injured."
Cao Cao: "shame... we must learn from this so we can't allow this to happen again in the future."
Cao Hong: "my Lord my i have a request?"
Cao Cao: "speak."
Cao Hong: "it is that Guardian's fault that we lost so many men."

Raiden stop in his tracks as he listens Cao Hong's "request" as they come closer.
Cao Cao: "excuse you?"
Cao Hong: "to regain the support from our army and people we can use his head as an apology to the families who lost their fathers and sons."
Xiahou Dun: "are you insane he saved our lord and many soldiers he can, have you seen what he is capable of, let alone defend a road all by himself against those monsters?!"
Cao Hong: "he is capable of getting us all killed soon, please allow me to execute him personally."

Once Cao Hong pass by him he trip the horse causing Cao Hong to fly and land face first into the wet mud. After what happened Cao Hong stood on spot and pull out his sword and pointed at Raiden who is ignoring every threat heard out loud for everyone to hear.

Cao Hong: "that is it im going to kill you!" Before he can Cao Cao rode his horse between him and Raiden still continuing his route.
Cao Cao: "General Cao Hong that is enough, unless you want to figure out what the rest of these Guardians are capable of after you slay one of their own!" he stop and look around to find other Guardians glaring at him and a few flick the safeties off.
Cao Cao: "stop this insolence and get back on your horse, immediately." shuddering in disbelief before he growls and obey his order.

(Raiden's POV)

Continuing he stop for a moment and take off his helmet before he suddenly felt ichy and scratch his beard.
Raiden: "when did i get ichy?"
Dubs: "you know you can just shave it off?"
Raiden: "why?"
Dubs: "well... yeah." he took out his Kukuri and look at his reflection.
Raiden: "maybe i should take your word... Tiana where are you?" he talks on the coms.
Tiana: "here what is it?"
Raiden: "take my spot up front, i gotta do something."
Tiana: "like what?"
Raiden: "my Ghost thinks im ugly with a beard."
Vass: "Dublin you bully."
dubs: "hey i was making recommendations- wait bully?"
Tiana: "sure, I'll be there shortly... ugly Caveman."
Raiden: "hey... im not ugly."

(Later)

His Ghost detected a river that in not far from the road and use it to wash off his beard and hair by dipping his head into the river. he pulls himself out and look at himself with a small mirror that his Ghost is holding.
When he stared at the mirror the Veteran Guardian of 9 years looked like he took 6 years back to his youth only there is a beard shadow that is left behind.
Raiden: "how do i look?"
Dubs: "from experienced to a professional, you look great." except going back to the caravan he stayed for a bit watching river flow softly and had a good view of the mountain that is far away just like Mount Everest but no snow but rock.
He then unwrap the gaze off his right arm and inspects his Lichtenberg scar that is shown on the top side.
Raiden: "you think I'll lose this arm if i keep using Arc?"
Dubs: "since you overpowered yourself to destroy that armored column no, if so i can just reattach that arm."

All though was interrupted by a twig breaking behind the tree line as he aim his Handcannon at that direction.
Raiden: "Flash!" he said and waited for a countersign.
Raiden: "Flash or your dead!" he cocks the hammer that signals who ever was there.
???: "wait- don't hurt me." he heard a younger feminine voice as she came out behind the treeline.
???: "my name is Xiahou Ji, i am the niece of Xiahou Yuan."
Raiden: "ok why would they let a child out here alone?"
Xiahou Ji: "i went alone, i was just curious about the outside world." he lower his gun before equiping his armor and gear
Raiden: "best if you don't, go home."
Xiahou Ji: "but... i didn't retrace my steps." he groins as he calls in coms.
Raiden: "Noble 6 to command?"
Ikora Rey: "Rey here."
Raiden: "is anyone looking for a missing teenage girl, she's said her uncle is Xiahou Yuan?"
Ikora Rey: "actually yes, General Xiahou Yuan is looking for his niece."
Raiden: "where should i drop her off?"
Ikora Rey: "Jingzhuo City where Zavala has just arrived."
Raiden: "I'll be there... shit."

After the call he sighs and look at the girl who stood there confused.
Raiden: "your uncle is looking for you, lets go."
Xiahou Ji: "really? oh thank you... what is your name"
Raiden: "just call me Guardian, kid..."
Xiahou Ji: "wait im not a child."
Raiden: "how old are you?"
Xiahou Ji: "im turning 16-"
Raiden: "you're still a kid now stop talking back and get going aight?"
Xiahou Ji: "i-... yes, Guardian."

________________________________________________________________________________________