Chapter Twenty Five: Fortunate Son

*Neomuna Civil News Jingle*

Jisu Calerondo: "this is Jisu Calerondo with a special report, yesterday as the relationship between The Vanguard and The Han Chinese have been closer The Vanguard, Awoken, and, Allied Cabal and Eliksni have agreed to train their armies with modern weapons and tactics as they battle the Shadow Legion and Scorn, and within three weeks their armies are fast learners and are already off fighting and made some progress, Neomuna Civil News will provide updated news as they become available..."

(Firebase Cali 20 Miles From Hefei/Nikolai's POV)

Inside the War Tent Sun Quan's Grand Commander Zhou Yu explains his plan on the map as gunfire and explosions is heard from a distance at Hefei.
Meanwhile Niko listens to the plan but disagrees to the plan but continues to listen until Raiden comes in unannounced and scrap Zhou Yu's map.
Zhou Yu: "what in heaven's sake are you doing?"
Raiden: "filling in the blanks." Nikolai sees him with his armor covered in black soot and a large dent on his chest piece.
Niko: "jeez Raiden you look like hammered shit."
Raiden: "Scorn will do that to you."
Han Dan: "so much attention..."
he shows his own holo map showing Hefei in the Scorn aftermath.
Raiden: "Scorn has heavily controlled Hefei within a day and any breach we made is countered with fierce Attacks and Screebs, our forces are holding on a part in The Eastern Sector and Guardians just took a town nearby using it as a launch platform, Hefei is a Patrol Zone in the meantime."
Zhou Yu: "then what is your Vanguard's strategy to take back Hefei?"
Raiden: "we have two options, one a battle of Attrition or two, bombarding Hefei to dust and ash."
Lu Xun: "you can't, Hefei is so important to The Sun Clan and Wu."
Cheng Pu: "and a Battle of Attrition will waste lives of our men... these options will send different consequences Guardian... what can we do and avoid?"
Niko: "knowing him he has a Plan C."
Zhou Yu: "Plan C?"
Raiden: "Plan C, we send a strike team of Guardians to take out whoever is in charge while the main force attacks simultaneously and take Hefei back within a week or two, maybe a month to clean up stragglers hiding."
Niko: "that is much better then what i listened, sorry bud."
This made Zhou Yu a jealous but doesn't contest the plan and agrees for now.
Zhou Yu: "then we'll use your strategy but-"

A large explosion was heard outside as everyone ran out with their weapons to investigate. The site was chaotic as Scorn launch Screebs to attack behind allied lines as soldiers try to shoot these Screebs before getting blown up.
Zhou Yu: "what is going on?"
Raiden: "Scorn are attack the base, get everyone into defense positions they're coming!"
Zhou Yu: "who are you giving orders to-" Raiden pull Zhou Yu and just in time to grab a Screeb that tried to sneak up from behind. They watch the Guardian turn his hostage into a Solar Mist and looked at Zhou Yu looking dumb founded.
Raiden: "don't just stand there let's move it!"
Zhou Yu: "ev- everyone rally the men to the trenches!"

The General's obey as they spread out to send orders to the men. Raiden pick up a rifle off the ground and shove it to Zhou Yu.
Zhou Yu: "what is this?"
Raiden: "you gotta fight too this is your base."

Zhou Yu: "but im a-"
Niko: "less talking just do it." he sighs and follows the Guardians passing by dead or wounded and enter the trench where a Screeb enter and desperate a soldier jumps on top of the Screeb before it blows up and kills him while saving those around him.
Raiden: "shit, into positions and hold your fire till we give you the signal!"

In the trenches their rifles aim at the field as they see a full Scorn force charge at them. each soldier is trained and equipped with a Scout rifle (Call to Serve) The Right Weapon of The Free World which is great in battle now wait for the signal.
Zhou Yu: "why are we not shooting yet?"
Raiden: "wait for it." he turn an saw Nikolai holding a detonator in hand as he watch and wait for the scorn to get closer and pass by an small white flag ahead and when they did he pressed the button that turn the fields into a sea of fire before they open fire at the burning Scorn.
Raiden: "Vanguard Fan this is Noble Six, Scorn are attacking Firebase Cali, Northern sector need armor asap!"
Echo: "Guardian Raiden this is Echo, Armor is are on the way, hold your ground."
Raiden: "copy that Echo, hold fast!"
???: "Scorn are in the trenches!"